BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picking an Army

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by knighter View Post
    Picking IG Sounds like my kinda army, love ranged armies, kill them before I gotta get my hands dirty ^_^ Or try to..
    One of the other fun things about IG is that they have various orders that your special characters can do, to give your squads extra firing or movement and different things. I played my first game against IG last weekend, and it was very cool to watch. Not so cool to be shot at, but it looked fun to play!

And the rumors say they are getting a new army book early next year, too.

Brother-Captain

Welcome to the ranks of the Emperor's Hammer. ^-^
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by knighter View Post
    Picking IG Sounds like my kinda army, love ranged armies, kill them before I gotta get my hands dirty ^_^ Or try to..
    Good choice.

I think you'll have fun with them. You can make a multitude of lists with them and a good paint scheme really pops on them.

Welcome back!
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Brother-Sergeant

Guard are a great army and don't forget Ogryn. I love em. I use them as terminators killers and counter assault.

I think for me my long term enjoyment has come from picking an army I like painting. I seem to spend more time painting than playing lately though.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

word of advice before you assemble your army is READ YOUR CODEX test your army list with tokens so you dont waste your money

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    Guard are a great army and don't forget Ogryn. I love em. I use them as terminators killers and counter assault.
    Please, please don't use Ogryn. They're overpriced and don't do much of anything for the army. They use to be interesting and good, but they're over-priced now (both in $ and points).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Please, please don't use Ogryn. They're overpriced and don't do much of anything for the army. They use to be interesting and good, but they're over-priced now (both in $ and points).
    no, DEFO use ogryn... they are great fun!

People don't expect them so they can be awesome... especially teamed with a lord commissar or Yarrick

They can be kitbashed with an Ork Nobz squad and some WFB ogre heads so you can do them much cheaper than doing the metal/finecast kit

If you love painting Tanks and ranks and ranks of dudes, IG will do you well, as fun as winning all the games are, remember you'll have to enjoy painting and assembling those guys, and if you like the idea of Ogryns, use Ogryns, you'll do better with an army you enjoy and are invested in than the flavour of the month

I play Imperial Guard Armored Battlegroup, 1st Concordian Armored Regiment. Welcome to the ranks!
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12