• Blood Angels

16 53.33%
  • Death Guard

3 10.00%
  • World Eaters

5 16.67%
    Iron Father

Post Help choosing 2014s project.

I've gotten it down to 4 armies now. I'm not going to write pros and cons for each etc. I would just like to know which of these four you would be most interested in seeing a hobby log from me in 2014. The only thing to consider will be 90% of the models I will be painting will be from FW and in pre-heresy colours.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

Blood Angels, mainly because there aren´t that many pre-Heresy BA armies out there (certainly less than the other three Legions you listed)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Going to agree with Tyrendian. World Eaters have been done to death, and I love their colour scheme and soon the Blood Angels will take center stage, get it ready now and save time whenever the *****in' model of Sanguinius comes out.

First-Captain

well, I was gonna say Blood Angels as well, because their army has the most ornamental figures of all Space Marines....

Untill you said Forge World.....

Now using FW that's a different ball game, as all the armies can have really great looking figures.....

I'm leaning to Iron hands as FW have some nice Character Conversion packs with some nice Bionic Bits in them....

I'd wait for FW to release the HH book and figures for the Blood Angels, simply because you might paint up a beautiful army (and knowing Deadlift it will be beautiful!) but end up having to buy more figures because they've introduced X cool looking unit just for that army

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    I'd wait for FW to release the HH book and figures for the Blood Angels, simply because you might paint up a beautiful army (and knowing Deadlift it will be beautiful!) but end up having to buy more figures because they've introduced X cool looking unit just for that army
    then again, starting BA now will save you work later - you´ll have more time for the fancy new stuff when you´ve got the basics covered already!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Librarian

I voted for BA because on The First Expedition (best Pre-Heresy website out there) there are only 1 or 2 BA armies. I'd like to see them on The First Expedition soon. I'm IronWarriorsVorax on there.
    [url]http://z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/index.php?[/url]
    Last edited by Fizzybubela; 12-25-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Iron Father

Well as of now Blood Angels seem to really have the edge. I'm going to leave it another 24 hours and pop back in and see the results. That will be my next project.

Veteran-Sergeant

I voted Iron Hands because FW has two legion specific units for them now, a primarch and a contemptor dread, you won't be hurting for options.

Iron Father

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. The Blood Angels took nearly 50% of the votes which is pretty conclusive. I will be doing a test marine in the next day or two and starting a thread to post my progress. Im tempted to leave the airbrush out of this one except for any of the larger vehicles.

Librarian

Psst, put them on The First Expedition…
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.