BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Question Feel a little down this week it has been bothering me

Last week when I was playing a game with my chaos daemons someone commented on my army said that its odd to see purple bloodletters but he said my horrors and daemon prince suited it maybe I am over reacting part of me feels I should have done the blood letters red and part of me feels I destroyed my models should I just ignore the person who criticized my army after all he was playing with half painted units most of them just primed... Maybe I need to learn to accept remarks and move on how does everyone here deal with people who comment?

Iron Father

Purple Blood letters ? That's original. Don't let anyone's criticism of your painting or style influence you in anyway.

Some people get too caught up in "how things should be" fluff wise and struggle when they see models in a scheme or theme not the norm. I say bravo you for thinking outside the box. It's a chaos army anyway and if your messing with someone's head because of the way you paint, surely your half way to winning
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I wanted to go for a 7 paint sceme so i can say that is my army and not what it saids on the box my army is very fluff heavy with the chaos god numbers in them ranks but all units skins are Naggaroth night with a shade of Druchii violet over Ceramite white bones and Abaddon Black for magical or weapon blades and Balthasar gold for the hilts and some metel parts also Ironbraker Borthor Brown for leather and chainmail and Khorne red for eyes with Kantor Blue for tounges :P thay ate smurfs :P

Any chance of some pictures. Seeing someone else's army is always cool.

Yeah, if you like them purple, do them purple, who says they're even bloodletters? they could be vicious daemons of Tzeentch, changed by the Changer of Ways to the shape of blood letters to better tear apart their enemies up close

Brother-Captain

The god color thing is a guideline man, there are as many variations of each god's troops as there are deamons.
    My Nurgle deamons army is currently growing and it's mostly red and yellow.
    Purple sounds good, and I'd love to see them.
    I may even steal it for my own eventual Khorne army if I like it :P
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Good point Deadlift.

And yeah dude, screw the haters. Purple Bloodletters sound awesome!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Sergeant

Absolutely nothing wrong with purple blood letters. Ive seen them silver, red, white, yellow and blue. Purple is a combi of red and blue. Tell the haters it is red with royalblue blood added. Thus the purple.

Red is dead! Purple is... ahh nothing rhymes with purple.

Librarian

If you want your bloodletters to be purple then that's the correct colour for them. I wouldn't bother worrying about it. I get stick because most of my armies have grey as a main colour. People think it's dull, I don't.
    Last edited by spaceman91; 12-25-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Brother-Sergeant

The worst for me was doing white marines. Spent forever on them dry bray layer after layer to build from debris grey to alibaster white. Everyone toldme they looked like I primed them white and painted in the seams and recesses. Posses me off! I bought into their critisism. I sold the army. Ten years later I said **** it and I'm doing them again.