BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Why should you feel the need to empty your dicepool to counterspell "crap"?
    Casting damage powers was almost never really worth (apart from a far few spells). You needed your Ld check, then you still need to hit, to wound and wait for save/cover.
    That doesnt change. Except for the Ld test. Why do you ever want to deny, say... executioner and mindwar when both can even fail after a successful cast (not to mention that this is gonna drain your dice pretty fast) when blocking Fortune or Guide is so much more important/dangerous?
    Put all your dice into stopping Fortune. You have very good odds of stopping it. Then, the Seer Council is not particularly difficult for a good army to deal with. It's always been the rerollable 2++ that was the bulk of the problem. Take away the reroll and everything changes.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    Why? Because the crap powers could still mess your army and the psyker heavy army would have the dice to waste. Cast a number of weaker/lower powers, then once the opponents dice pool is low/empty cast that higher level power. Pretty simple tactic used in many games.
    "Crap powers" never messed up your army. Otherwise they would not be "crap". "A number of weaker/lower powers" cut into your dicepoll quite heavily. To cast a 1 warpcharge power RELIABLE you need about 3 (!) dice. This works out better in Fantasy as nearly every power is strong and you really make decisions what to cast and what to counter.
    Why would you ever counter Executioner? Thats 3 hits (which need to hit in the first place), which need to wound and allows armor. Why would you ever want to throw dice at this? This is far less of a threat than 8 Warpspiders rerolling their hitdice.

Put all your dice into stopping Fortune. You have very good odds of stopping it. Then, the Seer Council is not particularly difficult for a good army to deal with. It's always been the rerollable 2++ that was the bulk of the problem. Take away the reroll and everything changes.
    Exactly. Most psykers still rely on a very few keypowers. Just throw your dice at the keypowers and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    How is it that Nids are getting screwed by not having access to a power that it would make absolutely NO sense for them to have?

That's like saying Eldar get screwed by not getting Baneblades put in their Codex. It would make no sense.
    Because Tyranids had access to general powers for like 13 months for the first time ever. And certain Nid players apparently assumed that that would be a permanent thing for no reason. Apparently claiming the Nids got screwed is what all the cool kids are doing.

FYI the Orks also don't get access to the new powers, And Crons Dark Eldar and the Tau get absolutely zero access to the whole Psychic thing either, so keep your tears coming Nid players...

Daemon-Prince

So anyone know if fliers are easier to hit in 7th?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

If its still snapshots for fliers and snapshots are -2BF, then yes. At least for BF4 armies and characters.

Daemon-Prince

If its still snapshots for fliers and snapshots are -2BF, then yes. At least for BF4 armies and characters.
    Ha sweet! Sicarian Battle Tanks now rock :P They don't let fliers take a Jink Save!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chaplain

"Crap powers" never messed up your army. Otherwise they would not be "crap". "A number of weaker/lower powers" cut into your dicepoll quite heavily. To cast a 1 warpcharge power RELIABLE you need about 3 (!) dice. This works out better in Fantasy as nearly every power is strong and you really make decisions what to cast and what to counter.
    Why would you ever counter Executioner? Thats 3 hits (which need to hit in the first place), which need to wound and allows armor. Why would you ever want to throw dice at this? This is far less of a threat than 8 Warpspiders rerolling their hitdice.

Exactly. Most psykers still rely on a very few keypowers. Just throw your dice at the keypowers and ignore the rest.
    How do we know the powers are staying the same? They are releasing an entire deck of psykic cards, which could redo many of the powers as we know them.

Yes, a number of weaker powers cuts into your dice pool...but I do believe I stated that my example was from a psyker heavy army...you know, one with d6+MLs. Of which some armies could easily have 12+ dice against a single d6 for the non-psyker heavy army. So on average, the heavy psyker player would need to cast 3-4 weaker powers, leaving them with 8+ dice to cast higher powers. And don't say this isn't going to happen, because unless there are limits camp players will make it happen.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

I wonder if GW is going to limit the dice pool to a 12 dice maximum. That is what they do for the fantasy magic phase.

If not the Psychic phase is going to be pretty one sided for those who don't play with that game style.

Chaplain

Someone seems to get my point...
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Default Free preview of rulebook available on Black Library's website

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it looks like you can download a free preview of the new rulebook (about 32 pages) from The Black Library's website! I wasn't able to view the .epub version without getting a DRM error message, but I was able to view the Kindle version (.mobi) using Calibre (a free program for reading ebooks):

[url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Warhammer-40000-eBook.html[/url]

It's nothing substantial, but maybe a good scoop for the BoLS front page?

Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast