BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default New Warzone book: Eldar vs Nids

Just seen this weeks White Dwarf and there's a new Warzone supplement book coming out for Apocalypse, detailing a conflict between the Eldar (and Dark Eldar joining in too) against the Tyranids of Hive Fleets Kraken and Leviathan (I think it's those two). I cannot remember the name of the book though, Koromar maybe, dunno. General plot seems to be a concerted effort by the Eldar to prevent the two Hive Fleets meeting/combining with each other in the wake of the attack on Iyanden. Nice to see an all Xenos 40k book for a change, here's hoping it sells well and maybe gives GW a nudge to produce some more.

There's a couple Apoc formations from the book in the new White Dwarf, one each for Eldar and Dark Eldar.

EDIT: The name of the book is Warzone: Valedor.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 05-08-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by brakkart View Post
    just seen this weeks white dwarf and there's a new warzone supplement book coming out for apocalypse, detailing a conflict between the eldar (and dark eldar joining in too) against the tyranids of hive fleets kraken and leviathan (i think it's those two). I cannot remember the name of the book though, koromar maybe, dunno. General plot seems to be a concerted effort by the eldar to prevent the two hive fleets meeting/combining with each other in the wake of the attack on iyanden. Nice to see an all xenos 40k book for a change, here's hoping it sells well and maybe gives gw a nudge to produce some more.

There's a couple apoc formations from the book in the new white dwarf, one each for eldar and dark eldar.
    swoon

*Give me back my shadow walker (aka void shield removal) formation*
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-08-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Oooh! Nice!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

[url]https://31.media.tumblr.com/a6c57b82b9f884e9d15148ebdadf7f61/tumblr_n58ut1P4VU1sct717o1_1280.jpg[/url]

[url]https://31.media.tumblr.com/60eac64599e5b1f2522ba2a3b32c7fef/tumblr_n58ut1P4VU1sct717o3_1280.jpg[/url]

[url]https://31.media.tumblr.com/81ef1740116ca550a52b894f31169b13/tumblr_n58ut1P4VU1sct717o2_1280.jpg[/url]

pics of the formations and such

First-Captain

those two formations aren't exactly exciting, but I'm looking forward to the whole thing regardless!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Very cool! Great to see an all-xenos book!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    those two formations aren't exactly exciting, but I'm looking forward to the whole thing regardless!
    My thoughts too. The formations aren't exactly inspiring me to go out and spend more money on minis to fill them out (well, I wouldn't have to do that but...)

If you want to use a ghost formation, I highly recommend the "Lost Ghost Walkers" (IIRC) formation from IA 11. Outflanking a bunch of wraithguard, wraithblades and wraithlords is ... pretty awesome.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

The DE one is pretty decent. Good way of getting infantry round quick and capable of damaging your opponent early

Good to see more Xenos. Now if FW could just do that damn Dark Eldar Imperial Armour...

Does suprise me they've not jsut taken the easy option and done Iyanden
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I like the DE one but it is kinda boring. Oh lets make even more Alphastrike stuff!

And I really hate the Eldar one. Yey... its Ghostwarriors AGAIN. Not that they got a supplement, a Dataslate and an apocalypse Formation... here comes the next one which is nearly the same composition as the Dataslate.

think they will update the rules for Tyranid bio titans? Hierophant / Harridan / Heirodule ?
    Member of team Zer0Comp and the website www.frontlinegaming.org

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast