BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

So is this just a compilation of 6th and all the new stuff? Because I don't think a totally new set of rules is going to fly.

Librarian

I think it's more of an update than a brand new edition more 6.1 than 7.

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    I think it's more of an update than a brand new edition more 6.1 than 7.
    Sort of like the old Dark Eldar "Second Printing" codex.

I wish new editions of 40k would be like new editions of text books. New things added only if they were relevant (ie stop re-inventing the game) and the rest is dedicated to fixing the errors, stating things in easier ways, taking greater care in how things are arranged, indexed, and cross-referenced. If Maya (the modeling program) completely changed everything about how it works with every release, it would have far fewer users. While I don't dislike 6th edition, I'm having a bit of a time trying to keep 2nd edition-5th straight and filtering things out. Anyway.. if 7th edition is radically different I'll just continue forward with 6th.. I only play out of my garage really so it's not a big deal.

Doesn't sound like a new edition so much as a "complete edition" rulebook, with extras (although why fold in two expansion books that've only been on sale for six months?) and errata included.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Doesn't sound like a new edition so much as a "complete edition" rulebook, with extras (although why fold in two expansion books that've only been on sale for six months?) and errata included.
    you, sir, raise a good point

Quote Originally Posted by goldenS View Post
    you, sir, raise a good point
    With maybe a handful of other tweaks as well (IIRC there was mention of fixing Skyfire/Interceptor interaction)

Chaplain

If rumors of an updated small "rules" portion rulebook included in a September worldwide campaign set turn out to be true it seems more likely than a full blown 800+ page hardcover update(a small rules only edition wouldn't shock me, along with a digital version), you would still likely need Escalation for its missions and unit entries(if for some reason you didn't own apocalypse already), Stronghold Assault for its alternate FOC missions and scenarios and possibly Fortification Network Datasheets, the same way they likely wouldn't include the Flying Aces/Missions or dogfighting rules in an updated rulebook. Lets look at what would likely be updated.

An expanded updates FOC to include formations and Lords of War
    A new Allies Matrix
    Updated building and ruins rules
    Updated reference tables and rules from FAQ/Errata
    Clarification on some small mechanics they want to update (ex. Skyfire/Interceptor)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    With maybe a handful of other tweaks as well (IIRC there was mention of fixing Skyfire/Interceptor interaction)
    Yes, some decent tweaks:

1. furious charge +1 str AND +1 initiative
    2. Feel no pain: 4+
    3. stand and fire: Remove this rule completely
    4. Challenges: remove this rule completely
    5: Flyers:make a 0-1 option

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    Yes, some decent tweaks:

1. furious charge +1 str AND +1 initiative
    2. Feel no pain: 4+
    3. stand and fire: Remove this rule completely
    4. Challenges: remove this rule completely
    5: Flyers:make a 0-1 option
    So - basically 5th edition again?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast