BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

One thing is for sure, I don't like the use of orange and red symbols in the ally matrix.

Chapter-Master

Some seemingly 12 year old kid with an attitude problem supposedly has the book and is doing a Q and A over at faeit.

Supposedly snapfire is still BS1 and no consolidating into combat. Ignores cover is still broken.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Yeah. I'll believe that.......

Me, waiting patiently until Saturday when I can pick up my book and give it a dashed good gozzing at!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Also. Necrons!

No one likes us, we don't care!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Angry turns out

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    so some ramdom bloke is saying gw is shifting from every 4 years to 2.... that makes me think is total BS.
    To be the case

Chapter-Master

Friend says hes seen the book. Perils:

. Perils is a table 1 - 6. 1 is take a leadership test or get removed from play, plus D6 S6 AP1 hits on your unit. 6 is take a leadership, get 3+ Inv and Armour/Fleshbane for a turn. Most of the others are just a single wound as per usual.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Friend says hes seen the book. Perils:

. Perils is a table 1 - 6. 1 is take a leadership test or get removed from play, plus D6 S6 AP1 hits on your unit. 6 is take a leadership, get 3+ Inv and Armour/Fleshbane for a turn. Most of the others are just a single wound as per usual.
    Since you say it is a friend, I lend credence to it. Sounds kind of bizarre and not much of a risk overall. If you have to roll a (1) and then fail a leadership roll to be removed from play. I expect the most potent Sorcerer I could put on the board would be a Mark of Nurgle Sorcerer on a Palanqin of Nurgle. If I loaded him up with all the bells and whistles he would have (4) Wounds, be Toughness-5, be stuck in a unit of possessed for protection, be a Daemon so he can summon with no more risk than Daemons... have a 2+/4+ Inulnerable save.... rerolll failed Psychic tests (however that works in the new system).... fairly stout for a Sorcerer. Likely I could just toss maximum dice at summons per turn.

"Not much of a risk" is sweet when every double 6 means -> perils. Actually its not hard to score a double 6 when you roll enough dice (and you will need 2 for a 75% chance to get your 1WC power off and around 5 for a 80% chance of a 2WC power... not to speak of a 3WC power like summon).
    Now you are sitting at around 250 points for your sorcerer which will (on average) have around 7 dice for your 3WC power. and your opponent with just 25 points for his Astropath will happily roll 5 dice (without risk of perils) to counter your summon.
    Last edited by Charon; 05-21-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Sounds kind of bizarre and not much of a risk overall.
    It all depends on which army you play. S6 hits are instant death for a Farseer. They would get their save but all it would take is 1 unsaved wound to kill her.

I don't think you follow me. I assume the worst, that there will be a Perils for me rolling maximum dice to try and ensure the summoning. What I'm saying is that if I then have to roll a (1) and then fail a Leadership test to be removed from the board, it isn't much of a risk. A tough Sorcerer (like the one I can build) doesn't care about any of that. The gain far outweighs taking the odd wound. In regards to Daemons, whose casters will always be very durable multiple Wound models, this is a huge power gain (and Daemons weren't suffering as it stood). They can, quite literally, summon several units a turn with little risk or cost even against armies with Psykers to Deny the Witch. *Granted, I'm hopeful this isn't the case when I see the final rules, but I had hoped the Perils would pack a bit more wallop than this.

One thing I can assure you, if it does turn out that all of us have to start summoning massive amount of Daemons just to stay in the game, I will not buy a SINGLE Daemon model from Games Workshop 1st hand. Everything I put on the table will be bartered, bought used from Ebay, or scratch built. There are enough Daemons floating around out there that NO ONE has to buy anything from them. I won't be forced into buying Daemons.

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast