BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    But didn't things like the Stompa and Baneblade come out years ago a large centrepiece models?
    Yes, but Escalation makes them more broadly playable, and the Knights and Khornmobile bring them to more armies. Both seem to be a move in the direction of "let's make superheavies part of the game" rather than "superheavies are a thing you use when playing in this one format that almost nobody has the time to play regularly, and many people never play at all."
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    It's also occurred to me that GW might be trying to ride the Colossals/Gargantuans wave created by Privateer Press by creating a similar product for their own games: enormous centerpiece models (except without them look arse). If that's their motivation, it wouldn't surprise me to see Stronghold Assault and Escalation folded into the main game.
    Fix'd for you!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Fix'd for you!
    My Konquest would like to have a couple of words with you...

It's true. Some of the gargossals are pretty arsey. I absolutely can't get behind the Galleon. Some of them are... unique. The new Dwarf one? It's pretty derpy looking. Either you think it's a sweet little giant robot and want it in your collection because it's a bit ridiculous - but very well achieved - or that sort of thing doesn't appeal to you. Some of them are straight-up gorgeous, though. Have you seen the archangel? Man...

Not to my tastes I'm afraid.

*And for the hard of reading comprehension, the opinions of Mr Mystery, and indeed his wholly owned subsidary Mystery Industries is just that, an opinion. An expression of subjective thought, rather than objective fact. Me not liking the PP aesthetic does not make me a GW Fanboi, nor does it mean I am wrong. It's just not for me!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And for the hard of reading comprehension, the opinions of Mr Mystery, and indeed his wholly owned subsidary Mystery Industries is just that, an opinion. An expression of subjective thought, rather than objective fact. Me not liking the PP aesthetic does not make me a GW Fanboi, nor does it mean I am wrong. It's just not for me!
    Far be it from me to imply anything else! There's never any accounting for taste.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    It's also occurred to me that GW might be trying to ride the Colossals/Gargantuans wave created by Privateer Press by creating a similar product for their own games: enormous centerpiece models. If that's their motivation, it wouldn't surprise me to see Stronghold Assault and Escalation folded into the main game.
    GW have had much bigger models the PP for much longer. The Colossals are barely half the height of a Stompa.

Chapter-Master

But PP's the one who actually successfully made them part of the core game.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    But PP's the one who actually successfully made them part of the core game.
    Thanks - I'm glad someone managed to read my original post.

Yes, this is exactly the point. Sure, Ork stompas are ginormous. However, most Ork players don't own them, and most who own them don't get to use them on a typical game on a Tuesday night. However, I could easily bring my Konquest down to Endgame on a Wednesday and play it in any given WarmaHordes game. This is a very important difference.

Chapter-Master

I've only seen a Stompa once in person. I've only ever seen a couple of baneblades, all sitting on shelves. I can count the number of times, including Apoc games, on one hand, that I've played with or against a superheavy using the actual GW model. And considering how thoroughly so much of the community has rejected Escalation, I don't really see that changing.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast