BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Big issue here? All combat strategies are still based in the old system. For instance, assaulting piecemeal. Just doesn't work any more. You get all shot to bits. However, you can still win with assault if you can arrange multiple assaults against multiple enemy units. Get them bogged down, and shooting counts for little. Once you're stuck in, HTH remains as deadly as ever. After all, a decisive round of shooting has to wipe out the enemy entirely, which can be a tall order. Decisive round of HTH? Against a decent percentage of units, it's curtains for them on account they'll break, then be caught by the victorious unit.
    I've found a lot of success with my Knights of Blood (BA 'dex) army by presenting multiple close combat threats, all of them fast moving (jump or in a fast transport), with varied capabilities. Assault marines are good bullies and they score, and with a priest they're hard to remove. Death company are terrifying. Hammernatorts are, well, hammernators. My opponent can't shoot them all down, and I end up getting stuck in on his side of the board. While I usually lose my one scoring unit, I almost always take out my opponent's scoring units and win on a combination of First Blood, Linebreaker, and/or Slay the Warlord.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

10. Wound allocation has changed a bit.not super clear as to how.
    So the rumours about the part that interests/bothers me the most are as vague as possible.

That's going to be a long two weeks

And that psychic thing just sounds nuts, gives a whole new meaning to the term failcast

Im curious on the vehicles being harder to kill. Hull points are fine I just do not like how easy it is to just glance something to death. Like monstrous creatures are just way more durable. I hope they do something good for the av models of the game. Also terminators are guys in tactical dreadnought armor. Where are dreads 5++?
    Last edited by Vangrail; 05-12-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    Purge the Weak!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    Im curious on the vehicles being harder to kill. Hull points are fine i just like how easy it is to just glance something to death. Like monstrous creatures are just way more durable. I hope they do something good for the av models of the game.
    Wat?

I really hope that they buff vehicles, hull points with things like dreadnoughts and daemon engines is a joke right now. Glancing to death is way too easy.

I wonder if Vehicles will get some sort of save against glancing.

Could be cumbersome, but it's possible.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

So what reason do we have to take troops now?

Are we back to the days of min troops just to unlock the battleforged bonus?

- - - Updated - - -

Love it if consolidate comes back. Finally forcing gunli es to move will be great
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Another valid point.

Rumours? Wishlist 'one off the wrist' if you as me.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

If this is true my brain hurts............what da hell are they doing to this game!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    So what reason do we have to take troops now?

Are we back to the days of min troops just to unlock the battleforged bonus?
    That's a good point. I could see it being a problem.

That said, remember that we don't know what we don't know. Maybe Troops will still have some basic benefit aside from "take two to be Battleforged."

Because otherwise... it's going to be a good time to be a Blood Angels player. Why, yes, one of my two Troops choices is Death Company. And yes, I am still Battleforged even though most of my list is hard-hitting melee badasses.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I wish people would remember that Natfka will literally post up anything anyone emails him and this rumour is apparently 3rd hand from a guy who glanced at the new rulebook, even if that part is true, there is no reason to think that list is accurate.

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast