BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

so looks like my mate was right, this edition is going to make the incompatible with tournament play
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

I think it's awesome. I can't wait to have my renegade Knights of Blood librarian or radical Ordo Malleus inquisitor conjure some Daemons onto the table!

Don't forget, guys, that the system for countering psychic powers is going to be a lot more robust. Your opponent will also generate a pool of dice, which he can use to stop you from using your powers. No more "power canceled on 6+, and only if it targets an enemy unit." Now you are going to have the opportunity to stop any power in its tracks. That changes the balance significantly.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I think I will have my nice list (current "Battle Forged" Astra Militarum) for normal & fun games & tournies, and my naughty list (gotta create something new with this unbound stuff afterall) just for s**ts and giggles kinda games...

this

I hope this isn't considered trolling, more like having fun with the new leaks.

HQ:

Herald of Tzeentch ML3, Grim = 125
    Herald of Tzeentch Exalted Locus of Conjuration, ML3 = 120
    Herald of Tzeentch ML3 = 95

Troops:

Pink Horrors(12) 108
    Nurglings(3)

Fortifications:

Imperial Bastion

Total: 1043

Gameplan: Deploy the 8 HoTs joined to the Pink Horrors in the bastion. Nurglings are held in reserve. Use 'Cursed Earth' to give every daemon a 4++, use grim on squad for a 2++(re-rolling 1s). Summon 80 troops a turn(from within the bastion). If you have to, you can step outside and shoot 35 D6 S6 shots = profit?!

Edit: Not actually a legal Battle-Forged list. I can only run 4 heralds per primary detachment. Drop 4 heralds and replace them with fateweaver and then slot in 2 ML3 DPs to bring this list up to around 1750. This way you lose 1 mastery level within the army, but gain the Flying Circus element! 25 combined mastery levels now. 70 troops/turn.
    Last edited by LinkXx; 05-12-2014 at 11:54 PM. Reason: checked codex...

Quote Originally Posted by LinkXx View Post
    this

I hope this isn't considered trolling, more like having fun with the new leaks.

HQ:

Herald of Tzeentch ML3, Grim = 125
    Herald of Tzeentch Exalted Locus of Conjuration, ML3 = 120

Troops:

Pink Horrors(12) 108
    Nurglings(3)

Fortifications:

Imperial Bastion

Total: 1043

Gameplan: Deploy the 8 HoTs joined to the Pink Horrors in the bastion. Nurglings are held in reserve. Use 'Cursed Earth' to give every daemon a 4++, use grim on squad for a 2++(re-rolling 1s). Summon 80 troops a turn(from within the bastion). If you have to, you can step outside and shoot 35 D6 S6 shots = profit?!
    Blowing up the bastion and tying your squad up in combat would end that pretty quickly, no?

Chapter-Master

There's nothing that can reasonably kill the Bastion T1, and then you're facing down literally a few hundred Horrors. And even if you do blow it up, he can jump out and hide behind it so you probably won't actually kill anything.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Warhammer 7th Edition: Price: roughly $80
    Edition is presented in a new format, 3 hardcover books in a slipcover. Pagecount of all three is about 450 pages in total:

The Rulebook: @200 pages, only rules

The Grimdark: @100 pages - Fluff and history of the Warhammer universe

The Hobby: @100 pages - Full miniatures and hobby book. All splash pics, and intro to the hobby stuff
    Oh, yeah. That is simply splat-tastic.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    There's nothing that can reasonably kill the Bastion T1, and then you're facing down literally a few hundred Horrors. And even if you do blow it up, he can jump out and hide behind it so you probably won't actually kill anything.
    Unless I'm way out of date on how durable they are, my drop podded combi-melta sternguard say otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Unless I'm way out of date on how durable they are, my drop podded combi-melta sternguard say otherwise...
    Even if you got lucky and blew up the building top of turn one, I would survive until bottom of T1 and at that point summon 80 troops ontop of you. Would most likely also have the 2++ with re-roll going. And mind you, this is only 1043 points. Leaving 700-800 points to be filled with goodies.

Well I am loving the three book idea. Folks might complain at the whole unbound armies but I am personally excited for this. The bonus rule for troops is also nifty as hell they are truly scoring units. Plus do not blame the company for the unbound rules just blame the players that ruin good things. Yes you will see that guy with way too many hell drakes or demon princes. But you will see plenty of cool and fun armies with the unbound rules. Now rumor said vehicles are gonna get buffed, any news on that? I am hoping for a save against glancing hits or something its way too easy to shave away a land raider.
    Purge the Weak!

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast