BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Given that seemingly 70% of the humans commenting on this immediately see it as a rumor-trap, it'd be a really bad one...

After the last few months, I'm willing to believe nearly anything when it comes to releases. A consolidated rulebook that reigned in some of 6th Edition's excesses would be welcome, too.
    Depends on how dim the 'leaker' is.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So let's see, I got into 40k less than a year ago, spent over $1k in books, models, paints, etc and finally have my brain half-way wrapped around how to play the game and now 7th edition is possibly going to come out soon.

7th edition you ask?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1348590208397.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	6448
    I have no fear of drowning; it's the breathing that's taking all this work.

Fly Lord

Latest word says word of "7th edition" is overblown.

This rumor is probably talking about a limited edition "collector's" type of thing that cleans up the rules with the FAQs and some key rules from Escalation and Stronghold Assault included.

That is, not a "mass produced" version at all, but a limited run for folks who want the fancy new edition with everything in it.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Well there's a surprise. That sounds much more sensible.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Said that earlier!

I R SMART IN BRIANS!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Said that earlier!

I R SMART IN BRIANS!

Veteran-Sergeant

I talked to someone from GW corporate the other day (he was at the local GW store when I stopped by) and he said the design team told him there is absolutely no way in hell a 7th edition would be coming out this year. They haven't been working on it and don't want to work on it. The most that could possibly happen would be a 6.5 rulebook with Escalation and Stronghold assault included, but he said he doubted even that because why sell you one rulebook when they can sell you three (BRB, Escalation, Stronghold Assault)?

Chapter-Master

So they can put it in a 'a special edition' package with a fancy cover and some extra artwork and charge you double the price?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    So they can put it in a 'a special edition' package with a fancy cover and some extra artwork and charge you double the price?
    seems fine when you look at the super hardback lil-rulebook they just put out. I personally am forgainst it! Coolt to have all rules and all dataslates etc. not cool to carry it all. I purposely carry my big-rulebook absolutely nowhere I dont have to, ****er is massive another 30-70 pages would be Not cool

Fly Lord

via[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/40K-Radio/147396461962884"] 40K Radio[/URL] 1-24-2014

Warhammer 7th Edition is a real thing for 2014.
    1) It will purely be a book release.
    2) It could be released as early as May.
    3) Rulebook with incorporate data slates, escalation, stronghold assault, and some tweaks.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast