BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post
    Warp charge points will be interesting for eldar and the ghosthelm. If you suffer a perils, just expend a warp charge and not lose a wound...
    * Only for farseers.

Warlocks don't get that ability
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    From what I can tell, to Deny the Witch, you allocate a Warp Pool dice (of which you get 1d6+ combined Mastery levels) then can deny on a 6+, 5+ if you are a psyker, 4+ if you are a psyker with higher mastery etc.

So, Sisters would get 1d6 Deny the Witch per turn at a 5+

Could either be pretty crappy for Sisters or not much different than now.
    They dealt with this in Warhammer (from which this psychic system is clearly adapted) by giving some units 'Magic Resistance'. Originally, it was bonus dispel dice against any spell affecting the unit, but currently it's a bonus Ward save, which stacks with any existing Ward (so if I have MR2, and a 5+ Ward, I get a 3+ ward against spell affects). But only against direct damage type spells.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Combining rumors with known facts, Mastery Levels will still have two effects:

1) Having more Mastery Levels than your opponent will make it easier for you to Deny their power (ie. you may nominate one of the psykers in your force as the one trying to Deny the power, and they will get bonuses for being close to the caster, Mastery Levels, wargear like a psychic hood, etc.).

2) Mastery Levels may present a cap on the number of dice you can throw at a power.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but given they moved away from capping casting dice in Warhammer, I'm not convinced they'd use it in 40k
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

the new psyker rules info confuse me on one isse: what is going to happen to SITW?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    the new psyker rules info confuse me on one isse: what is going to happen to SITW?
    Probably it will be reworked in some drastic way.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    How is an army that is Ok in Assault and has minimal shooting that is all short ranged insanely unbalanced by being good at psychi? I am mostly talking about Tzeentch Daemons btw.

Also You are ignoring all the Fluff where a IG curb Stomp Marines. I think you are confusing in Universe propaganda and actual fluff.
    Also in books about Marines marines are god like and kick arse, in books about the Guard, Guardsmen are awesome and kick arse, seeing a pattern here?
    I'm not sure if you are much of a competitive player or not, but myself can speak from experience with playing with this years Adepticon overall winner and other top Daemon players from the Midwest in local tourneys. The Daemon prince list and it's variations has a huge advantage in 6th edition. They don't even need scoring units, predominantly relying on Princes vector striking transports and overwhelming enemy units with CC. The highlight of my time playing against the previously mentioned players was my Manticore instagibbing a grounded Lord of Change. In 7th edition that isn't even possible. My only hope is that the Perils table is adequately severe and the rumoured Snap Shots at BS-2 is true.

As far as fluff is concerned, I'm not. GW has such a shoddy history at following it's own fluff, retconning established info and overall Mary Sueing every army they release in an attempt to sell more models. They can't even get their adjectives right, trumping hyperbole and absolutes with each stretch of the English language. The moment you try to apply fluff logic to game mechanics you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    They dealt with this in Warhammer (from which this psychic system is clearly adapted) by giving some units 'Magic Resistance'. Originally, it was bonus dispel dice against any spell affecting the unit, but currently it's a bonus Ward save, which stacks with any existing Ward (so if I have MR2, and a 5+ Ward, I get a 3+ ward against spell affects). But only against direct damage type spells.
    Certainly anything is possible at this point but the most simple solution seems most likely. Adamantium Will probably gives +1 to Deny the Witch as it has in the past but now DTW costs a Warp Charge dice to use. Since Sisters won't generate any bonus Warp Dice they are at the mercy of 1D6.
    Last edited by Harley; 05-15-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Chapter-Master

My point has been all along though that they still haven't fixed what was broken in 6th.
    Indeed - this has been my nagging notion all along.

They seem to be answering the issue of broken builds with an escalation of broken builds. As I mentioned before, they're relying on a community that has demonstrably been unable to police itself to act like civilized fun loving gamers.

Instead its just going to lead to more game store Conan's....
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc#t=21[/url]
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Probably it will be reworked in some drastic way.
    Complete guess on my behalf but I'm expecting it to create additional dice for blocking/banning/nullifiying or whatever it's called.

You can tell it's a new edition, because all the same massive arguments we always have are here again. I'd hoped for a longer gap, honestly.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast