BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Nah, it looks pretty easy, from what I gather (this is all from rumours, no confirmations yet
    Some of this has been confirmed.

Generate dice pool. Spend dice to try and beat the score to cast: each Warp Charge needed means you need one 4+ roll. Spend as many dice from your pool as you like.
    It has been confirmed that your dice pool = x + 1d6, where x is equal to the number of mastery levels on your side of the board.

Two sixes on any of the dice is Perils.

There's also a Deny the Witch (dispel pool) generated along the same lines, and apparently it'll be slightly more difficult to dispel than to cast (maybe need twice the successes?).
    The most common rumor is that while you need 4+ for a die to succeed on the cast, you need a 6+ for the die to succeed on the counter, but mastery levels, wargear like psychic hoods, special rules like Adamantium Will, and having a psyker near the caster will all modify that number.

Doesn't look complicated at all, if that's accurate.
    Agreed.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    The only way to dominate the Psychic phase is to go absolutely all out on your levels within your list.

And you know, if someone does that? Good luck to them. It's no different whatsoever than going all shooty or close combat. It's just another phase for us to explore.
    I believe you are incorrect. If I don't spend points on psyker or psyker defense, most signs point to me having to roll an equal number of my opponents 4+ successes with my 6+ rolls on a lesser amount of dice...

So even someone taking a single psyker will dominate the phase against an opponent that takes none. At least before I had to only make a standard single 6+ to Deny. Your example of Shooting and Assault phases is as incorrect...a shooty army can counter and assault army with over watch. A Choppy army can counter a shooty army by over loading the gun line. I doubt I will be able to use my shooty or choopy units to counter psykic powers in the same way.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    I believe you are incorrect. If I don't spend points on psyker or psyker defense, most signs point to me having to roll an equal number of my opponents 4+ successes with my 6+ rolls on a lesser amount of dice...

So even someone taking a single psyker will dominate the phase against an opponent that takes none. At least before I had to only make a standard single 6+ to Deny. Your example of Shooting and Assault phases is as incorrect...a shooty army can counter and assault army with over watch. A Choppy army can counter a shooty army by over loading the gun line. I doubt I will be able to use my shooty or choopy units to counter psykic powers in the same way.
    You still only need a single 6+ to Deny. Rumor has it that every 6+ you roll reduces their pool of successes. Unless they roll more successes than they need - unlikely in most cases - a single 6+ will still ruin your opponent's day.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Dude you need help. Can you imagine the request to the tech marine "Yes can you adjust the grav harness for horse?"
    Not just that, can you imagine it "so who's turn is it to clean the horse sh*t this time?"
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    You still only need a single 6+ to Deny. Rumor has it that every 6+ you roll reduces their pool of successes. Unless they roll more successes than they need - unlikely in most cases - a single 6+ will still ruin your opponent's day.
    Well, focused witchfires now work by getting More successes than you need to choose the target, so there are various reasons to roll for more than the bare minimum.

Also, nova powers affect all units, but only a single unit affected can choose to deny the witch. We really need more info on how deny works.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Where the f*ck is the Space Marine Terminator Captain?!
    If this does become another free model with £60 spend they won't release it for at least a week or two after 7th ed is out, to encourage large spending again after the initial rush for 7th has cooled down.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    If this does become another free model with £60 spend they won't release it for at least a week or two after 7th ed is out, to encourage large spending again after the initial rush for 7th has cooled down.
    Well I'm just hoping whatever it's part of turns up before June 1st so I have something to order alongside my semi-secret second web exclusive captain to get free shipping.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Well I'm just hoping whatever it's part of turns up before June 1st so I have something to order alongside my semi-secret second web exclusive captain to get free shipping.
    I am more surprised people want these *limited* marine models......I personally find them static and lame looking. Also you have to buy stuff you don't generally need to get one...
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Well, focused witchfires now work by getting More successes than you need to choose the target, so there are various reasons to roll for more than the bare minimum.

Also, nova powers affect all units, but only a single unit affected can choose to deny the witch. We really need more info on how deny works.
    We'll have it soon enough.... only a few days to wait
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post

You counter it EXACTLY the same way. If I have an Ork Slugga Boy swarm, it doesn't have that much to counter shooting, except, like you said, getting in there and hitting them in the face.

And you know how it counters psykers? Get in there and hit them in the face.

Psykers are basically like shooty units. It's not like you can roll some dice and say, "Ha, that unit's shooting attack doesn't happen this turn!"

Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast