BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Here's a probability table:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1400709023624.jpg 
Views:	1152 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	8899  
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Actually, yes it does. ML2 is now a huge drawback. It takes four warp charges just to get you to a 68% chance of success, five to get an 81% chance, and you perils 19% of the time in those cases. Even an army with 20 warp charges can only reliably get off, say, 3, and then they're suffering almost a perils a turn. ML2 is a huge deal now. And if the odds are bad there, ML3 is basically automatically terrible. You need 7 dice just to break a 75% chance of success with a 1/3 chance of suffering Perils.

All of the ML2-3 powers are balanced or severely underpowered. I don't see any op ones. It's the handful of ml1 powers, iron arm, the summoning ones, that are potentially op.
    I understand the probability and math behind it. I also think that the army I'm most pissed about spamming this (IG) are capable of generating a fair amount of WC's to throw extra dice at it. And perils looks to be scary but still tolerable for a multiwound psycher model.

- - - Updated - - -

Smash is indeed 1 attack only now. Ostensibly a Daemon Weapon would still boost that.

You must change flight modes from swoop to glide and wait a turn before charging.
    Well, at least there's SOME good news.

*Sigh*
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I understand the probability and math behind it. I also think that the army I'm most pissed about spamming this (IG) are capable of generating a fair amount of WC's to throw extra dice at it. And perils looks to be scary but still tolerable for a multiwound psycher model.
    Guard can get around 3 + 6 + 2 + 3 + D6 if they ally with Inquisition if im not mistaken (3xWyrd + 3xPrimaris + 2xAstro + Inq) which seems to be quite much but in the end thats a lot of points and all that for casting prescience 3 times with 80 % probability...

I guess its less about how many dice you have but rather how many cheap and strong powers you can accumulate (yey biomancy)
    Last edited by Charon; 05-21-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Chapter-Master

Don't forget that the inquisition can provide up to one ML per Inquisitor PLUS up to one ML per unit of psykers. Every group of psykers is a seperate Brotherhood of Psykers, and only contributes a single ML... but there's nothing stopping you from buying as many small units of psykers (possibly one each) as you can fit into the Inquisition force org... or screw the force org and play Unbound.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Daemon-Prince

You scare me sometimes Link.....

On a different 7th front, Does anyone know if there are changes to the force Org chart for minimum troops? (And i don't mean outbound)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

You see, this is why I respect you. You provide facts and numbers to back up anything you say. I don't think that is too much to ask from someone who asserts something. There are several over the top WC-1 and Malefic doesn't really care about Perils really. Obviously several things will shake out in the road test, but I think (sadly) that there isn't going to be a middle ground. Lists built to use the new Psychic Powers will be crazy strong and those which just dabble will largely get a negligible return.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

OH MAN! no dropping out of swooping to charge?

that hurts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    You scare me sometimes Link.....

On a different 7th front, Does anyone know if there are changes to the force Org chart for minimum troops? (And i don't mean outbound)
    Nah FOC hasnt changed, thats been confirmed in pictures

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, yes it does. ML2 is now a huge drawback. It takes four warp charges just to get you to a 68% chance of success, five to get an 81% chance, and you perils 19% of the time in those cases. Even an army with 20 warp charges can only reliably get off, say, 3, and then they're suffering almost a perils a turn. ML2 is a huge deal now. And if the odds are bad there, ML3 is basically automatically terrible. You need 7 dice just to break a 75% chance of success with a 1/3 chance of suffering Perils.

All of the ML2-3 powers are balanced or severely underpowered. I don't see any op ones. It's the handful of ml1 powers, iron arm, the summoning ones, that are potentially op.
    Yeah well said darklink.

I think div is still king of the hill as far as psychic power sets go, just from the utillity and power of its ML1 spells

- - - Updated - - -

interesting to hear that CtA is only really 12 for deployment....that actually makes certain combos more stomachable, particularly just for fun gaming.

stealer cult anyone?
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-21-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Just came back from my local game store after reading the book with the owner of the store for several hours. Though we didnt read 100% of it, i cant say im impressed.

The books look great and i have to applaud GW for this new format but the content meh.

Ive been disconnected from w40k for sometime since as a player i favor close combat armies that got the shaft in the actual edition. Not much has changed @ that. This "edition" does not solve why hth units are so overpriced and does not fix a lot of the issues i have with hth like being unable to engage on consolidating phase (it was rumored you could), the initiative nerf to furious charge is stil there, etc.

Besides that i didnt really like the new pyker rules and in general i did not see enough changes that would justify a new edition of the rules (perhaps a faq or errata?). But i understand GW has had some sales problems and perhaps they are trying to milk their best cow. I think Ill pass for the time being. Not buying the book atm. I want to wait and see what they do with upcoming codexes.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I think div is still king of the hill as far as psychic power sets go, just from the utillity and power of its ML1 spells
    Support powers seem to always be more powerful and interesting than powers that just do stuff, and Divination has the best support powers.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Daemon-Prince

Damn i was hoping to get away with 1 troop choice in battle forged :P
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast