BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    True, but then if you've sunk that many points into psykers, it's no different to going all out for any other phase (except perhaps movement, because that's a really weird phase to try and dominate).
    If you go all out in one phase (all melee for example) you lose out in another phase (in this case: shooting). If you decide to go all out for psi, you also dominate other phases as the buffs are so significant that not stopping them (which certain armies have a hard time) equals a huge disadvantage in another phase too.
    Warhammer Fantasy has distinc possibilities for armies that are not dominating the magic phase to not totally fall apart.
    I still haven't seen anything that says that vehicles score yet. Everyone seems to think that Troop Wave Serpents == scoring when there hasn't been clarification on what actually counts as scoring.
    Every unit is scoring. Yes, even a Landraider.
    Every unit you buy from troops allowance has secure objective. Yes even a Landraider you buy for your DA Belial Terminators has secure objective.
    Last edited by Charon; 05-22-2014 at 06:24 AM.

think about black templar. you pay not much for a unit compared to deathwing and get that scoring landraider

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Every unit is scoring. Yes, even a Landraider.
    Every unit you buy from troops allowance has secure objective. Yes even a Landraider you buy for your DA Belial Terminators has secure objective.
    Has it been confirmed that dedicated transports for Troops in Battleforged armies get Objective Secured then? I've not seen anything that confirms or denies that yet. Scoring yes, but nothing that says they have Objective secured.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume re roll failed psychic tests will just be re roll all WC dice used? The Fists have a nice relic which can make a psyker effectively ML3 (adds an extra warp charge) and re roll failed psychic tests. Only costs 25 points so 115 points for a ML3 Librarian.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    Has it been confirmed that dedicated transports for Troops in Battleforged armies get Objective Secured then? I've not seen anything that confirms or denies that yet. Scoring yes, but nothing that says they have Objective secured.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume re roll failed psychic tests will just be re roll all WC dice used? The Fists have a nice relic which can make a psyker effectively ML3 (adds an extra warp charge) and re roll failed psychic tests. Only costs 25 points so 115 points for a ML3 Librarian.
    Yes, this has been confirmed. Dedicated Troop transports count as troops themselves and thus have Objective secured.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    Yes, this has been confirmed. Dedicated Troop transports count as troops themselves and thus have Objective secured.
    Have we seen anything written to confirm this? If yes can you direct me to it please? Personally I believe there will be a caveat (as there has been in the past) to say that dedicated transports don't have Objective Secured. I would be happy if they did, as I roll with a lot of Rhinos, but I doubt it. Transports haven't been scoring in the past, and while with the new rules yes they will be, I doubt they'll be denial.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    Dedicated Transports for Troops have counted as Troops for at least the last 2 Editions. The reason they don't Score is because, like Swarms, they are expressly forbidden to.

I haven't seen a picture for the rules of Scoring, yet, to show that restriction has been removed.

I know I'm already scratch-building Be'Lakor for a nice detachment to my army. With troops he costs me over 400pts but since he is a Daemon Prince of awesome... w/maximum Psyker... and Invisibility... I think he fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    With all units in a battle forged army now becoming scoring, what will happen to Pedro Kantor's special rule making sternguard scoring? I'm hoping GW will do an errata changing the rule to Kantor making Sternguard troops instead. That would seem a reasonable revision. Without this, or some similar change, Kantor will be seriously nerfed by the new rules. Whilst it's not Kantor's only trick it is the main reason I decided to start a Crimson Fists army.
    Or just give them Objective secured?

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Dedicated Transports for Troops have counted as Troops for at least the last 2 Editions. The reason they don't Score is because, like Swarms, they are expressly forbidden to.

I haven't seen a picture for the rules of Scoring, yet, to show that restriction has been removed.
    While they counted as Troops, they also counted as vehicles and vehicles (in general) could not score. Not because transports are especially forbidden. You can see this in the "Big Guns" mission where Support is allowed to score (even if it is a vehicle). A Rhino you buy for a unit of Havocs for example is considered scoring in this mission (as it it heavy support and vehicles are allowed to score)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    While they counted as Troops, they also counted as vehicles and vehicles (in general) could not score. Not because transports are especially forbidden. You can see this in the "Big Guns" mission where Support is allowed to score (even if it is a vehicle). A Rhino you buy for a unit of Havocs for example is considered scoring in this mission (as it it heavy support and vehicles are allowed to score)
    True, because the Mission gave express permission, as did Scouring.

My point was more that we don't have visual confirmation that the general Vehicle/Swarms restrictions on Scoring have been changed.