BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Play with tons of LOS blocking terrain. It's pretty funny when an assault army can literally walk across the board and never get shot until it reaches Overwatch. Notice that, despite being an extremely powerful codex, Tau did not do particularly well at the Las Vegas Open.
    THIS! 1,000 times this.

Stop playing on billiard tables folks.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    THIS! 1,000 times this.

Stop playing on billiard tables folks.
    I play on rather terrain heavy tables. I find it hilarious how a lot of tau players have superman-like xray vision.

"Of course my unit of super shooty dudes can see your really important unit that was skillfully placed in order to avoid my fire lanes"
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

this is an all over issue with shooty stuff to certain extent. i think there needs to be a clarfication on what LOS and intervening terrain. though it might be too heavy handed ide like to see shots through terrain be snap shots. just dumb thinking that some squad with a projectile weapon can fire at full bs (granted with a cover save) through the three tiny visible holes in a wall by which they can see two of their target squads kneecaps and elbows and of course still manage to inflict a full volleys worth of wounds. in modern combat i dont see why you couodnt shoot through a wall except most weapons Strengths dont match up with their ability to pierce the AV of even battlefield debris : /

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm firmly convinced that these rumors are now being officially sanctioned by GW. Notice how the rumors are flying hot and heavy after a dismally boring WFB release (coupled with the fact that fantasy sales are in the gutter). Need to get the player base chewing on some red meat to keep them focused on GW news.
    I agree. I wondered if the GW propaganda department was fired up again. I think that hype will lead to more sales than, the Oprah method of, "Surprise, you get a codex, you get a codex and you get a codex!"
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Honestly? I'd fully support it. I am having great freaking fun looking forwards to my knight titan.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Really!?

Out of all the changes that 6th brought, by far the one that made the most sense is the wound allocation one. Do you really want to go back to the days of Nob and Paladin wound blobs?

The new system is not perfect by any means (Look out sir can get ridiculous) but its by and large light years better than what we had before.

5th had a bunch of problems. Shooting was too weak (now its too strong), vehicles had stupid move/shoot rules and line of sight rules were a mix between true and abstract.

Lets not pretend that 5th was the halcyon era of game design perfection.
    +1
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I would love to see consolidation-to-charge. It would give my Blood Angels codex a welcome boost, if I could avoid shooting by leaping from fight to fight.
    I've asked Jervis for this. But it shouldn't be automatic like it was in 4th. Your should have to rally your squad into it with a leadership test or your opponent should get the option to do a withdrawal to avoid it.
    His response was he wants close combat to be more decisive, conclusive, end each turn.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Wasn't that one of the complaints of the old editions that full on assault armies would be forever in assault so you could never shoot them?

Andy Chamber (co author of 4th) is said to have wanted to let your opponent react to assault by either stand and fight, shoot or run away. Having consolation in to combat back doesn't automatically exclude the possibility of not being able to shoot. Of course they could just drop resolving combat and let it bog on and on and on
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    There's also no reason to assume it'd automatically be like 4th edition, with Genestealers and Harlequins consolidating through the entire backfield in one turn. Maybe you can consolidate into a new combat but can't actually fight till the next player turn, I believe this is how Fantasy does it (unless the unit you overrun into is already in combat and hasn't fought yet this turn). Maybe you can be overwatched as you consolidate into a new enemy unit. There's plenty of room to reintroduce the mechanic and keep it balanced.
    Your name isn't Andy is it
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Soo we have rumours of a new 6th edition boxed set coming mid year and rumours that 7th edition are coming mid-year? After two years since 6th.

Scepticism: Overwhelming. Salinity reaching critical levels.
    The 6th ed box set so now said to be epic not 40k I'll change my domain name to [url]www.theystuffedusgoodandproperyforeveypennytheycou ldtheexploytive)£(&is.com[/url] if they do.

And that's the censored version.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast