BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandora's box?

Librarian

Default Pandora's box?

As the name says this is probably a bad idea but on gunna do it anyway.

Why do people not like/enjoy CSM?

I have a khorne army and I enjoy using it every now and then. I don't use turkeys or obliterators but still do reasonable well. So why the hate/rage for them?
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

[url]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/280190-official-chaos-codex-complaint-thread/[/url]
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

It's not really that the book is horrible and doesn't have fun units in it. The big problem is that a small list of units gets the most consistent results. A lot of other units are undervalued and this sort of list building just seems to be not fun to play with our against for too long.
    War Painting Services is a full service assembly and painting commission service. If you have a project you want done email me for quotes at: [email protected]

Lots of people have a lot of fun with their Chaos Space Marines, you can make great themed lists and lots of fluffy choices, its just not super competitive in a tournament setting right at this moment, which is what most people who complain about 40K care about

A lot of old sweats still want proper legions.
    Due to FW and the HH series.... YOU HAVE NO CHANCE EVER AGAIN! Bwah ha ha ha aha ah!

No really the legions are done now, they wont do them again in 40k. Get over it.

Brother-Captain

I'd say it's a mix of the above. With a few other asides thrown in.
    Aside 1) The people who DO like something often aren't very vocal in this hobby, because liking something GW has done that the neck-bearded rage community who tell us what our hobby should be about is the best way to get immediately and irrationally attacked on any warhammer forum.
    Aside 2) We expected a lot (I'm a CSM player, and my opinions on this codex are well known), but when we got the book we felt like it didn't live up to it. It's grown on me over the time since its release, I still hate "jump-possessed" but otherwise I'm fond of it now.
    Aside 3) First codex of a new edition, it happens every time. They never quite sparkle like the latter ones.
    Aside 4) People like to moan, myself included.
    Aside 5) See asides 1 + 4 as a combination.
    That's my 2 cents anyway.
    Have a look in the homebrew rules thread and you'll see that I've prepared 2 supplements to try and bring the flavor of the old legions into gameplay, and there's 6 more on the way. Play testing is a seriously time consuming activity, especially the Iron Warriors one.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    A lot of old sweats still want proper legions.
    Due to FW and the HH series.... YOU HAVE NO CHANCE EVER AGAIN! Bwah ha ha ha aha ah!

No really the legions are done now, they wont do them again in 40k. Get over it.
    this is correct.

The old legions are dead Horus killed them. In 40K Chaos Space Marines are warbands and have a limited number of marines left. The two largest are Abbadon and Huron. The biggest flaws in the chaos codex
    1.) Should have titled it "Chaos Marines - Warbands"
    2.) Should have allowed allied space marines with no chapter tactics.
    3.) Should have made the opening quote to the book. "The Legions are dead."

Brother-Sergeant

My experience with 6th ed CSM is limited but my best friend has three chaos armies (Iron Warriors, Word Bearers and world Eaters), all three themed all three beautifully painted and fluffy. All three sit on their shelves and now he plays deamons. (Thus why my experience is limited) I have read the dex and would not buy a chaos army. If I ever did I would use my marine codex and play renegades.
    Frankly its disappointing that the first two codexes were so poorly written for sixth. Ive been very impressed with the Eldar, Tau and Loyalists Marine codexes heck I even begrudgingly have to admit to liking the deamons codex (I hate the whole concept of deamons in 40k or fantasy) . I have even gotten a few of the supplimental codexes and although very unpleased at the price points have liked them.
    The CSM codex needs work but fret not as the supplimental codexes do offered a glimmer of hope.

Librarian

Does anyone think we could get a 6.5?
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Librarian

I'de see it as more likely now that well have to pay for a handful data-slates :/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast