Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Internet Rage - and how to enjoy your 40k hobby

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GW_Whining.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	6365

Brother-Captain

-Attacking ridiculously exaggerated strawman instead of addressing opposing viewpoint

-Angry on the internet about people angry on the internet

-Defending a multinational corporation

-Liberal use of "t3h epic memes i saw on reddit xD"

-Implying that anyone used Assault Marines ever

10/10 would rage again

Sure there many out there who rage against 6th ed (including me), but the complaints in that clip are stupid. Random charges and abilities? Been apart of WHFB and LOTR for a while. First turn charges? Does anyone like being charged first turn before you even move a model or roll a dice? Shooty armies dominating? How many editions has assault dominated? Three? Four? And what makes this real funny is that people think abusing GW is going to change the problems.

Of course, I assume that is the point of it all.

I have computer games so this is a pysical media for me and somtimes it more fun just to play with somthing other then a keybored and mouse

LOL. just LOL. loved the comic and oh SO portrays the sackless so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    -Attacking ridiculously exaggerated strawman instead of addressing opposing viewpoint

-Angry on the internet about people angry on the internet

-Defending a multinational corporation

-Liberal use of "t3h epic memes i saw on reddit xD"

-Implying that anyone used Assault Marines ever

10/10 would rage again
    Hit a nerve then?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I hate these strawman comics, it's always so "ridiculous" to be upset at something that a company does. But the thing is, it's important to voice your concerns when something you are a consumer of is doing something you see as a negative, there isn't anything wrong with having an opinion.

But no, everyone that has an issue is just a crying baby and Games workshop is perfect right? Enjoy being a victim the rest of your life.

I think its perfectly fine to get upset about companies that pollute the world we live in, or build over natural or historic areas.
    Getting that upset about how a company chooses to market their toy soldiers is rather pathetic in comparison.
    The old phrase "its only a game" is so applicable to this, especially when so many folk seem to consider toy soldiers to be almost "life or death".
    I dont like lots of games and their rules, hence i dont play them. Simples.
    There are so many good games out there to try, if you dont like how GW treats your spikey maureens etc, try something else instead.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    I think its perfectly fine to get upset about companies that pollute the world we live in, or build over natural or historic areas.
    Getting that upset about how a company chooses to market their toy soldiers is rather pathetic in comparison.
    The old phrase "its only a game" is so applicable to this, especially when so many folk seem to consider toy soldiers to be almost "life or death".
    I dont like lots of games and their rules, hence i dont play them. Simples.
    There are so many good games out there to try, if you dont like how GW treats your spikey maureens etc, try something else instead.
    There are children starving in Africa right now, why are you wasting time arguing about toy soldiers on the internet?

People like their spikey marines, they've invested lots of time and money into them. Heaven forbid they get upset when all that goes poof because GW wants to sell dinobots.

Any of us that have played 40k for 10 plus years or more have had armies nerfed by GW.
    I myself have sold more than one because GW chose to change direction.
    Its tough, but i just got on with my hobby.
    Its been a long time since 3.5 and GW havent seen fit to go back, isnt it about time people moved on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast