BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Space Wolves 6th edition codex wishlisting

With the rumors of us getting an update sometime next year, what do you guys want/expect to see?

The obvious is probably more (or any) AA and flyers,and nerfing the rune priests/long fangs

i for one would like to see cheaper "claw" units and Twolves, more unique wargear/sagas, lone wolves not taking up an FOC slot with some unique and fluffy rules, and more outflankers (to take advantage of having acute senses) and of course Ragnar to be either cheaper or be insane in CC

What say you fellow sons of russ?

I hate wolves, but don't want them nerfed into dust. Rather, Rune Priests need to become balanced, and Long Fangs balanced vs Devestators. Then, Grey Hunters remain same while Blood Claws become a bit better. Same for bikes/assault marines. Space Wolves are an assault army, and they need better assault units.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarcissist View Post
    lone wolves not taking up an FOC slot with some unique and fluffy rules
    Treating them like Techmarines in the current Codex:SM, then? That would be iiiiiiinteresting.

I'd love for JotWW and Rune Weapons to remain as they are so they can keep nicely slamming Psychic Deathstar units into the ground. But I'm pretty certain that they're both going to go bye-bye

Chapter-Master

I hope jaws hits everything, including flyers .
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Lowering Blood Claws a couple of points would be nice, and improving the Space Wolves assault phase would be nice to see. As BC's are WS/BS 3... Give Blood Claws an extra CCW special weapon at 10 guys like Grey Hunters with special ranged.

Long fang's need to cost a tad bit more, or put a limitation on the quantity of weapons they can take. (IE, up to 2 missile launchers per squad)

Stormcaller pysker power giving Nightfighting to the board instead of a 5+ cover save, would be really cool to see, Necrons aren't the only people who can blot out the sun(s)...

Give Blood Claws an extra CCW special weapon at 10 guys like Grey Hunters with special ranged.

Allow Blood Claws to "surf" on transports (allowing them to treat it as an assault vehicle) even if the transport's interior is full.

Librarian

hmm okay i would say some kind of space wolf flier would certainly fit in with the gw course for business. I would suggest that they drop the cost of rune priests to be comparable with space marine librarians. that's a given I would also assume that we will see grey hunter's paying 1pt or 2pts per close combat weapon... which is annoying enough as is. i would say we will more then likely see a reduction across the board in model costs. remember the want us to buy more mini's so less point means more $ given over to GW.

I would find it amazing if they made wolves into even more powerful psychers and anti psychers. I figure the army that broke the thousand son's should still be able to shut down other psychers easily I would like to see new sculpts of all the characters who didn't get updated. I would also like to see an increase in how effective wolves are in assaults. maybe some sort of + to heir charge range or perhaps some way to mitgate overwatch or a re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    hmm okay i would say some kind of space wolf flier would certainly fit in with the gw course for business. I would suggest that they drop the cost of rune priests to be comparable with space marine librarians. that's a given I would also assume that we will see grey hunter's paying 1pt or 2pts per close combat weapon... which is annoying enough as is. i would say we will more then likely see a reduction across the board in model costs. remember the want us to buy more mini's so less point means more $ given over to GW.

I would find it amazing if they made wolves into even more powerful psychers and anti psychers. I figure the army that broke the thousand son's should still be able to shut down other psychers easily I would like to see new sculpts of all the characters who didn't get updated. I would also like to see an increase in how effective wolves are in assaults. maybe some sort of + to heir charge range or perhaps some way to mitgate overwatch or a re-roll.
    Flyers for Wolves are pretty anti-fluff... they hate flying. That's why only Blood Claws get Jump Packs. And as to Psychers, they already have the best Librarian-equivalent by FAR amongst the MEQs. They don't need better! I imagine both their powers and Pyker defense will be nerfed to Vanilla Marine levels.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by jifel View Post
    Flyers for Wolves are pretty anti-fluff... they hate flying. That's why only Blood Claws get Jump Packs. And as to Psychers, they already have the best Librarian-equivalent by FAR amongst the MEQs. They don't need better! I imagine both their powers and Pyker defense will be nerfed to Vanilla Marine levels.
    I thought they hated teleportation... not flying. When I read the Ragnar books, they seemed to have a preference towards drop pods and thunderhawks.

Space Wolves were the one SM faction I considered using when I first started playing, but the Chaos gods got ahold of me instead.

Being Space Vikings, the Wolves should have access to the Storm Raven, but maybe they'll mount some giant claws on it so it can Vector Strike on the way in ? Sounds nuts but somehow appropriate.

I think Thunderwolf Cavalry will get cheaper.

And they should have access to a Monstrous Creature Wolf! Even if it's a mech-Wolf, like the Maulerfiend, that would be neat and ridiculous, especially if there were 2 Wolf Pilots driving it from the inside like a 4 legged Centurion

Of course they stomped the Thousand Sons, but I don't know why they are so powerful with respect to psykerdom. Rather, I think the Wolves should have strong psyker resistance, much like Khorne Daemons, (of course not better than Khorne Daemons ). The Rune Priests will certainly have to roll on a random table like everyone else now, and I'm sure they'll have their own powers (but Jaws will probably be nerfed somehow, maybe be Heavy 1 or something, so only Terminator Priests could move and Jaw somebody).

Long Fangs are definitely a pain, but I don't see them being changed much at all, except maybe losing that 5th weapon per squad.

And I hope Bjorn the FellHanded gets better, I love the idea of Dreadnought HQ!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast