BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Don't overreact Katharon its not a foolish idea. Its sort of like GW taking someone else's superglue and putting a citadel badge on.
    It's more like Apple making an iCar, just so they can integrate an Iphone comparable charger in the dashboard. Completely outside of their realm of expertise.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

+1 Darklink. *snicker
    Rob
    http://itoysoldiers.com/user/16

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's more like Apple making an iCar, just so they can integrate an Iphone comparable charger in the dashboard. Completely outside of their realm of expertise.
    Exactly.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    The app that I envisage would function like a kindle app but with additional functionality of interactive books. The benefit to GW is that it would give them more control over their product and distribution as they would not have to pay apple or another provider a slice of the transaction.
    I also don't picture GW being daft enough to try to sell what is effectively a storefront.

At the moment the costs of developing and implementing this may not outweigh the benefits but who knows in the future?
    But they already have kindle and I books and googleplay. The interactive books work through those don't they? The thing is, all those are free and already available. As the customer, why am I going to pay money for an app which only uses GW stuff when I already have a free app which does GW stuff and lots of other books? GW aren't really paying that much to the likes of apple of google. Certainly not enough to warrant hiring someone to develop and maintain an app that no on wants. If we go down that road, then GW sets up its own computer games development studio as well.

Mystery, as for your idea, it doesn't work. If GW were in the habit of selling anything that people wanted and made a slight profit, they'd do toilet roll and food and god knows what else. But it doesn't fit their business model. The mark ups are not likely to be very much. GW makes all it's own products, it doesn't flog on other peoples. Most stores don't have the capacity to stock all the hobby products, much less a range of tablets. Why would you buy a more expensive tablet from GW when you can get exactly the same device but without the space marine branding for cheaper else where? Now if GW were to sell tablet covers, that would achieve exactly the same as what you are suggesting, but without all the drawbacks.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Lean six-sigma. Like if you're a car company that has to buy tires for your cars: it's cheaper to just buy the tire from another company than to own that other company and all its requisite costs.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    GW don't do advertising. They don't need to. Why on earth would you advertise your products to people who are already buying them?
    Im not talking about their products im talking about movie trailers, energy drinks, Ide assume mostly non miniature stuff, things people think they can market to the few thousand peeps who would log in regularly.

keep in mind this is wild wild dystopian future conjecture

also want to add this is an idea associated with the APP concept, tablet concept ist le-crap

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Except all the iFans would buy it because it is the latest thing from Apple and it would make money, but you would have to fill it with Apple iGas as unleaded wouldn't work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123