BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

I love you Big Red.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    Katharon, I hate to break it to you...

Do you remember when I said "I'm going to be using THESE for my Void Shield Generator."?
    See that wooden building in the picture to the side of the Generator...
    The one I said I've not received yet...
    The one with the Battlements on it...

I bet you can't guess what that's for...
    So you're going to have a giant piece of terrain, connecting the two somehow, to be your Void Shield Generator? Not sure how your local gaming group deals with that, but mine would probably be a little frigged off at me plopping down something that large (and capable of blocking a lot of LoS) and saying "nani-nani-boo-boo, GW doesn't have rules for the building size so I can do what I want". Now, if you were to build some sort of cat-walk around the generator piece then I could see that being fair (or on top of it). Otherwise that other building just looks way too large for the building.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Veteran-Sergeant

MY only question is what is the point of battlements if the void shield is impassable terrain? Or have I just not read the rules for it closely enough?
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Librarian

If it was impassable terrain/building like the weapon emplacements then it would have to be destroyed and you wouldnt be able to capture it, it would seem. From what I can make of the rules, because theres no entry or battlements on vengeance weapons batteries theyr gonna keep shooting not matter what even if theyre surrounded. If a building has battlements or access points it can be "Claimed/Unclaimed". Imagine deepstriking scouts/rangers/marbo to take control of a void sheild right under the enemie's nose. I think thats ****ing awesome in terms of narative and balance

wanted to add that also reading the jump/jet units rules allow them to ignore dangerous terrain tests when landing on them... think about top down assualt as a vulnerability to anything with battlements
    Last edited by Arkhan Land; 12-30-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    If it was impassable terrain/building like the weapon emplacements then it would have to be destroyed and you wouldnt be able to capture it, it would seem. From what I can make of the rules, because theres no entry or battlements on vengeance weapons batteries theyr gonna keep shooting not matter what even if theyre surrounded. If a building has battlements or access points it can be "Claimed/Unclaimed". Imagine deepstriking scouts/rangers/marbo to take control of a void sheild right under the enemie's nose. I think thats ****ing awesome in terms of narative and balance

wanted to add that also reading the jump/jet units rules allow them to ignore dangerous terrain tests when landing on them... think about top down assualt as a vulnerability to anything with battlements
    Fair enough. I must have missed that vengeance batteries had battlements.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Librarian

Sorry I should clarfiy Vengeance Batteries dont have Battlements they have to be destroyed since without battlements or access points there's no way for an opposing player to claim them. Their still impassable terrain, essentially similar in strength and special rules to a defense emplacement.

So the Void shield model will likely be something the size of the vengeance battery/half a side of a bunker, and have some sort of small platform on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12