BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Void shields and promethium relays

I really like the void relay network from the stronghold, but Gw have not released any models for it and may not for the next few months. Could anyone recommend any suitable models for both the relays and void shield generators. Thanks in advance.

Brother-Captain

There are little thingies that come along with the old Leman Russ Kit that could pass for a shield generator -- and anything from a Bastion to the Wall of Martyrs Bunker could be a good choice for the void shield building.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

I'm going to be using these for my Void Shield Generator.

The Building is from wargame-model-mods on eBay, £15.99 + Postage.
    The Generator is by Micro Arts and I got it from Element Games £16.19 + Postage.
    I've only just ordered the building, so haven't received it yet.
    I've included Illic Nightspear with the Generator for scale purposes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barracks.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	6440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-28 00.33.20.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	6441

Brother-Captain

Once upon a time GW would recommend things for building terrain, and it was wicked cool. I say that because that's where I learned a Gatorade bottle, flipped upside down with the top cut off, is super awesome scifi terrain. Looks like just about anything depending on how you paint it.

Brother-Captain

Pssyche, I hate to break it to you, but if you intend to use the "generator" as a Void Shield Generator terrain piece, you will be disappointed. It's a requirement of the terrain piece that it have battlements.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

I was thinking about building using a vengeance weapons battery as a base then adding a top area made out of catwalk/platform/etc, put my generator in the center and BAM void sheild generator, that way once they release a new model I can just use it as a weapons battery and not be out a kit for it

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I was thinking about building using a vengeance weapons battery as a base then adding a top area made out of catwalk/platform/etc, put my generator in the center and BAM void sheild generator, that way once they release a new model I can just use it as a weapons battery and not be out a kit for it
    What are you doing to use for a base? None of that will be stable unless its connected somehow.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Pssyche, I hate to break it to you, but if you intend to use the "generator" as a Void Shield Generator terrain piece, you will be disappointed. It's a requirement of the terrain piece that it have battlements.
    Katharon, I hate to break it to you...

Do you remember when I said "I'm going to be using THESE for my Void Shield Generator."?
    See that wooden building in the picture to the side of the Generator...
    The one I said I've not received yet...
    The one with the Battlements on it...

I bet you can't guess what that's for...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    What are you doing to use for a base? None of that will be stable unless its connected somehow.
    not sure abotu base, maybe weighting unless I base it base it. i was probably gonna glue it for right now, just not over-do-it so it can be popped off later, or Ill use my normal turret trick and attatch a stack of coins to weigh it down, I was thinking using 4 sqaure floor tiles I have left over from the munitorium, gluin em into a sqaure 2x2 area (enough for a sqaud of 5, probably not bulky dudes though : /) put battlements up around it then have an central pole with some sort of cool looking beacon on it, ladder on the side of that jam. glue it for now lightly enough I could pull it off later, does that make sense in the minds eye? still very preliminary plan

Fly Lord

It's an Energy Shield Generator...

Come on folks how can you not use these:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Free-Ultra-Bright-Plasma-Ball/dp/B005OLYI4Y[/url]
    Battery-Free Ultra Bright LED 6" Plasma Ball
    $14.99
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast