BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Cypher and what book?

What book are people using cypher in? I want to use him just don't know where I would.
    Purge the Weak!

apparently he can be in CSM any Space marine other then dark angels and he can be in IG i belive not sure about the other books

All flavors of Space Marine besides Dark Angels, Inquisition, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, Imperial Guard and Chaos Space Marines.

Chapter-Master

err um, dude... it says Chaos Space Marines can take him... same with grey knights, sisters, imperial guard, and inquisition.

what it says is that he cannot be in an army with dark angels or dark angles as allies.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Brother-Captain

bad grammar on the part of Rev. he should delineate "besides dark angels " from space marines with hyphens, rather than usenit to start a false list

This is a mix-up that could be remedied by the application of a semi-colon and a grammar nerd (yes, they have their uses [the semi-colon, I mean, not necessarially the nerd]). It should read "All flavors of Space Marine besides Dark Angels; Inquisition, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, Imperial Guard and Chaos Space Marines", separating the qualifier on the Space Marines from the other forces.

As for where best to put him, I personally would field him with CSM to get ATSKNF and some better Chosen to round out the force, otherwise I would say he probably brings the most utility to IG, able to provide a backstop against assaults or infiltrate something scary enough to distract the opponent from bothering your artillery for the first couple of turns.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Veteran-Sergeant

Seems to me Cypher would go best in a CSM army. Put him in a squad of chosen loaded with plasma or melta and infiltrate them close to enemy lines to use them as an alpha strike unit. If they get assaulted use hit and run to get them out, kill the assaulters, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    What book are people using cypher in? I want to use him just don't know where I would.
    I suggest the most useful answer is 'what armies do you have?' If you have only one that can legally include Cypher then that one. If you have more than one that can include him, then try including him in all of them and see how it works for you.

Well i would not use him in my sons of medusa. I could do a "fallen" group that could hang out with my world eaters. Id probably play him in chaos with chosen with max plasma.
    Purge the Weak!

Librarian

Has anyone else had problems trying to read the downloadable EPub for Cypher? I purchased the EPub, purchased the EPub Reader Program, and then downloaded and installed both. All I can read is Section 1 "Cypher Database", Section 3 - " Cypher" which has a bit of a blurb on his background, and Section 16 which cover the Copyright.

The important section, section 5 "Profile" and some of the other sections come up with an error message stating that - "This program cannot display the webpage. "

I am unsure if the EPub Reader is faulty, installed wrong, or the EPub is wrong at the the Black Libraries end, or there was a fault in the download (the 6 times I tried to download it to make sure it was not the EPub download process).

If someone has had this problem before, what solved it? All I really wanted was to convert it into a PDF file for ease of use on my laptop, and I do not want to download anything that has Torrents in it. I do not trust Torrents.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito