BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

In my experience there is little magic at 500 point level games.

Sitting in Lonely Mountain swapping stories and recipes with Dain.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Randroid View Post
    That is a pretty strong 500pt list but you might run into problems with magic.
    How much magic can you expect to see at 500pts! Wizards are often too expensive at this point level.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    How much magic can you expect to see at 500pts! Wizards are often too expensive at this point level.
    It depends on the army.
    Vampire counts could pack in a pair of Necromancers, Deamons will have some magic, WoC could probably be led by a Sorceror, and Dark Elves may or may not bring a Sorceress.
    Not much magic, but enough to cause problems to the several small units.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    It depends on the army.
    Vampire counts could pack in a pair of Necromancers, Deamons will have some magic, WoC could probably be led by a Sorceror, and Dark Elves may or may not bring a Sorceress.
    Not much magic, but enough to cause problems to the several small units.

The casters in those armies are rather expensive. She'll still have 2 DD, and her shooting should take care of whatever else the player who bought expensive casters can afford! If anyone takes 2 casters that i'll be close to half their points, which means min units of core...core do very well in small games.

I just don't think the points trade off it worth her investing in a wizard until 1k.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    The casters in those armies are rather expensive. She'll still have 2 DD, and her shooting should take care of whatever else the player who bought expensive casters can afford! If anyone takes 2 casters that i'll be close to half their points, which means min units of core...core do very well in small games.

I just don't think the points trade off it worth her investing in a wizard until 1k.
    The only army that would take two would be vampires;
    but, 2 Necro's both with Invocation one with the fireball staff and the other with the movement book are less then 200 points and you get 2 bound spells and 4 power dice (for your 4+ spell). That's not bad; but it does mean your army is based around them.
    Last edited by Old_Paladin; 12-15-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: un-needed cross thread remark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12