BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirkspair View Post
    it is a picture on a piece of cardboard with a plastic stand. i do not believe it qualifies as a "model" in any sense of the word.
    I have my space marine and space ork army from rouge trader. You can photocopy and cut as many of them as you like and were "legal" models for game play

it is a picture on a piece of cardboard with a plastic stand. i do not believe it qualifies as a "model" in any sense of the word.
    was acceptable enough to include in a box set. i'd be fine with it.

It is a model. GW sold it as an ork dread. As long as it isnt a fake that thing is legit.

Librarian

Supplied with a GW box set, can't get more legit...... Granted 4 editions ago.

Default Oldies but still goodies

Seeing the photos here got me motivated to pull my camera out and upload my collection of ye olde GeeDub games. A lot of them still have the pieces and one of my Space Crusade boxes still has everything in it but unplayed!

Ahh the good ol'days!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02791.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	6850   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02792.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	6851  

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    Seeing the photos here got me motivated to pull my camera out and upload my collection of ye olde GeeDub games. A lot of them still have the pieces and one of my Space Crusade boxes still has everything in it but unplayed!

Ahh the good ol'days!
    Good Grief, not only do you have all three forerunners to the Epic game system you've also got that hard to find beast Tyranid Attack....

But to own a Mint On Sprue copy of Space Crusade, damn I'm envious, it's also proberly the only one in existestance.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    Good Grief, not only do you have all three forerunners to the Epic game system you've also got that hard to find beast Tyranid Attack....

But to own a Mint On Sprue copy of Space Crusade, damn I'm envious, it's also proberly the only one in existestance.....
    Oh the pain of ages ... I had the Dreadnought expansion kit also MIB, but somehow over the ages it went missing! I bought them to have a rip roaring time with my mates, but we just sort of skipped over it straight into the normal wargaming mix of things! I've got the new space hulk re-release ... never been opened and still in its shiny wrapper (sad sad I know, but then don't we old timers have enough un-opened kits to open our own game store!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Old books:

There's a copy of Rogue Trader, the Compendium, the Compilation, Adeptus Titanicus, Codex Titanicus, Renegades from Space Marine and all the 1st ed Space Hulk books. Also the Compilation is signed by Jes:

Some page spreads:

For you young whipper snappers out there, that blue beastie breaking through the wall in the diorama is what an original Dread used to look like. And you should see the original Chaos dreads, very H.R. Geiger inspired.
    I remember for a few years i used to get a bday card from GW using the same Blood Angels image on it as is on the compendium.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    That DF box weights like 15 kilos due to all the card parts and being basically filled with hotwheels cars... >.<

And how could I forget the crown jewel of my collection:

(note: not a Black Library publication)

It's actually still one of the best 40k books even with (or perhaps because of) all the weirdness.
    Sorry for the double post BoLS, but I think I have a digital copy of this book, and it is an awesome read! And one of the scouts reappears as a Fists Captain in the Draco/Harlequin/Chaos Child trilogy, too (Written by Dan Abnett years after Space Marine)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ian Morris View Post
    Points for the paint jobs on the dreadnoughts, but demerits for selling out on the assault cannons.

Attachment 6563
    The all metal Terminator Squad box, with Librarian, Captain, and 6 other torsos, plus one of each weapon fit out.
    OMG, this was my gateway drug for 40K. After this termie boxed set, it was the MKI Land Raider and MKI Predator, complete in creamy-colored plastic, one heavy bolter on top of the land Raider, and a ridiculously thin auto-cannon barrel on the Pred. That termie box art brings back memories (especially of a termie cptn who could equip a frikkin grenade launcher on the back of his power fist!!!!)

@Sainhann:
    [url]http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/4102spacemarines-01.jpg[/url] <-- this link you posted, D4 (the chaplain-looking marine) still is one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Jmaximum; 01-23-2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: more stuff

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast