BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old meganob 1.JPG 
Views:	471 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	8140 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lootaboy 5.JPG 
Views:	458 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	8141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OD ad.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	8143

Eurka! Da ZB-1. It'z eavy, andles jus'table fer eazy carryin, gud fer Orkses n Kan-grotties, breaks down oftn, n'tect'able by ded beakies, i'deal fer fast n' loud Waaaghs! Now boutz firepowa. Zzap charga, lotz o' dakka wit bursts uv undreds ta lots. Wit da re'play buttn, (anudda Zork invenshun), it'z e'van easy'a. Wun dakka, n' re'play sendz evr'y follo'win dakka to da sames direc'shun. An ta finish da job, all da Zork oldyz-but-goldyz. Rocketz launcha... arraz launcha, wit explodin r squig eads, (vury pract'cal)... me fam'ous netz launcha...da alwayz-fficient burna, (me fav'rite) n fer da gran final'eh, da all-new 'Shokk'tack gun!- MekBoss J.B. Zork about his new Kustom Blasta the 'Zork Blasta-1'
    Last edited by Azhrarnx; 04-05-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    Da Sausage Grot judges you...

Default Bump to Nostalgia thread!

Well I was getting my man cave into organised chaos when you find some gems you totally forget about! Being the typical hoarder gamer, I never threw away the cool boxes most of my guff came in!

I'll post up a few more gems that I've re-discovered along the way as I get them sorted into some semblance of order!

Name:	DSC03151 (640x425).jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	12115Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03152 (640x425).jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	12116

First-Captain

Wow I remember those red boxes, I did work experiance in a shop which used to sell RPG's and Warhammer stuff, these photo's have got me remininscing....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Ahh the fun and games I had with these models striding through the ruins of an Imperial city! Just been recently fixing them up (snapped off at the feet so had to re-pin) and finding all their weird and wacky weapons like, macro-cannons, plasma cannons, void missiles, etc.

Name:	Titans.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	12446

Scout

Hi all, Long time, first time... I just moved and was going through some boxes. I have less shelf space in the new place and was wondering if there is a market for some of the older books, etc. I don't expect to get top dollar for a 3rd edition Chaos Space Marines codex, but if I throw it up on Ebay, would the price I get cover the cost of shipping to someone? I just need to know if I should just recycle some of this stuff.

The nostalgia of this thread is wonderful, but are there players out there who play using the older rulesets? I know that there are a lot of roleplayers that use 1st ed D&D or WHFRP (which is still excellent, BTW), but many of the podcasts out there indicate that tournament players tend to stick with the latest rulesets. Thanks for the trips down memory lane, everyone!

-Bill

Chapter-Master

Your best bet is search what its going for on ebay.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Just started to reclaim these from some dubious terrain. Most pieces there. Predator is going to be used for a 30k iron hand army.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	12463

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Emery View Post
    Just started to reclaim these from some dubious terrain. Most pieces there. Predator is going to be used for a 30k iron hand army.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	12463
    Haha! Nice! I have three of those I still use in my Blood Angels army! I should whip out my older pattern models for a trip down memory lane ... pity I didn't keep the first land speeder I got ... but I still have those flying metal bricks!

Default Dressing the ranks! Sir! Yes sir!

Finally after all these years (at least more than a decade?) I have finally got around to opening my army box of Praetorian XXIV and also sorting out the other miniatures I managed to acquire to create my "Zulu Dawn" 40K army!

Prepped them and done their undercoat. A few I got had been "painted" directly without benefit of any undercoat so those will be Simple Green stripped!

These are the rank and file with missile launcher teams also, still have the heavy weapons squads to complete next. If I had the time and patience, I guess I should order the Victoria Miniatures wheels ([url]http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/products/wheels?pagesize=12[/url]).

Will be doing in their classic colours of the red coat and white/tan pith helmets and fortunately I have enough figures to do the standing and kneeling rank for sustained fire!

Name:	Praetorians 1.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	12465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praetorians 2.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	12466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praetorians 3.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	12467

Just did a search on ebay and crikey! The eye-watering cost of these fellows now!
    [url]http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=praetorian+40k&_frs=1[/url]
    Last edited by gijoe1313; 01-26-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    Finally after all these years (at least more than a decade?) I have finally got around to opening my army box of Praetorian XXIV and also sorting out the other miniatures I managed to acquire to create my "Zulu Dawn" 40K army!

Prepped them and done their undercoat. A few I got had been "painted" directly without benefit of any undercoat so those will be Simple Green stripped!

These are the rank and file with missile launcher teams also, still have the heavy weapons squads to complete next. If I had the time and patience, I guess I should order the Victoria Miniatures wheels ([url]http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/products/wheels?pagesize=12[/url]).

Will be doing in their classic colours of the red coat and white/tan pith helmets and fortunately I have enough figures to do the standing and kneeling rank for sustained fire!

Name:	Praetorians 1.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	12465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praetorians 2.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	12466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praetorians 3.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	12467

Just did a search on ebay and crikey! The eye-watering cost of these fellows now!
    [url]http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=praetorian+40k&_frs=1[/url]

Even if it's a while ago, it cannot have been cheap to purchase all those in New Zealand.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast