BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    Sorry for the double post BoLS, but I think I have a digital copy of this book, and it is an awesome read! And one of the scouts reappears as a Fists Captain in the Draco/Harlequin/Chaos Child trilogy, too (Written by Dan Abnett years after Space Marine)
    Sorry to burst your Bubble the Draco books are ALL written by Ian Watson, I know this because I have the BL omnibus in front of my right now...

Still haven't gotten round to reading it though, still trying to get through Iron Hands.....

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by dirkspair View Post
    it is a picture on a piece of cardboard with a plastic stand. i do not believe it qualifies as a "model" in any sense of the word.
    That came in the 2nd Edition 40K box. The metal Ork Dread model wasn't released until several months later.
    Avon Lady and Mary Kay are Rouge Traders, R-O-U-G-E, unless you're playing a game about selling cosmetics out of a pink Cadillac, spell it R-O-G-U-E.

Those are some nice classics!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by tankbusta View Post
    That came in the 2nd Edition 40K box. The metal Ork Dread model wasn't released until several months later.
    Yeah A friend of mine at school brought the 2nd ed box set, we never got round to playing it though, the rules were more complex then WFB....

which was the 4th ed which came with Cardboard cutouts of that Goblin special character on a chariot and that high elf dude on a griffion/hippogriff (Can't remember their names or the exact flying beast)....

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    Sorry to burst your Bubble the Draco books are ALL written by Ian Watson, I know this because I have the BL omnibus in front of my right now...

Still haven't gotten round to reading it though, still trying to get through Iron Hands.....
    You, sir, are correct! I don;t know why i wrote Dan Abnett.... I must have had a few Belgian White ales prior to posting, I guess.
    In retrospect, it has a very different feel and reads differently than anything else in the 40K universe, so be prepared for something that does not feel like it fits in (for example: Space Marines do not have the mental fortitude to fight Chaos and have their minds wiped after every encounter, and other weirdness...)
    Last edited by Jmaximum; 01-26-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Anyone know of any sites that buy 2nd Hand, 2nd Edition stuff wholesale?

Bro and I have over a company of Dark Angels we don't use, plus many other things (including metal Guardians still in Blister) that we'll be getting rid of later in the year.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

You, sir, are correct! I don;t know why i wrote Dan Abnett.... I must have had a few Belgian White ales prior to posting, I guess.
    In retrospect, it has a very different feel and reads differently than anything else in the 40K universe, so be prepared for something that does not feel like it fits in (for example: Space Marines do not have the mental fortitude to fight Chaos and have their minds wiped after every encounter, and other weirdness...)
    Yeah I've heard that, which is the main reason I still haven't read it yet, that and real life getting in the way!

Mind you I only paid a £1 for it in WH Smiths in a sale....

Picked it up with Garro Oath of Moment, Hellion Rain and Horus Raising all on CDs for a couple of quid each as well

You should read it, if anything for the comparative analysis with the newer 40K books.
    Is a pound and a few quid a lot? I'm a Yank, so I don;t really know what that means there...

Oath of Moment was cool, I was not aware Horus Rising was convertted to audio drama from the book. Was disappointed with Helion Rain, and extremely disappointed with the Sgillite/Malcador audio drama. It was a complete bait and switch: Malcador sitting in the golden throne on the cover with the armrests made from skulls, the skulls labeled with the legion numbers of the unknown primarchs. Totally sucked.

First-Captain

You should read it, if anything for the comparative analysis with the newer 40K books.
    Is a pound and a few quid a lot? I'm a Yank, so I don;t really know what that means there...
    One £ is roughly just over just around $1.40ish, while a couple of Quid (slange for a pound£) is typicly £2...

O.... I was not aware Horus Rising was convertted to audio drama from the book.....
    Yeah it was an abridged form of the book, it's not an audio drama but the more traditonal straight readthrough, but on 5 CDs!

It's read by some guy called Martyn Ellis, oh and it's out of production from what I can tell which is kind of funny considering it was only done in 2010.... guess it didn't sell well.....

I have read the book version and it is good....

"I was there the day Horus Killed the Emperor".....

Quote Originally Posted by stuart ian morris View Post
    then some old git comes along and ruins it...
    Attachment 6455 Attachment 6456 Attachment 6457 Attachment 6458

look at them in order, it'll make the last one much more interesting.

my god,it's full of stars!

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast