BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by iamaddj View Post
    Personal I hate the idea that games have to either be good for tourny play or for fun play, I think they can be good for both.
    Completely agree with this, a well written ruleset should be suitable for both casual and competitive play. Although I completely understand that it's a lot easier to say this than to actually do this when putting a ruleset together... at one end of the scale you have the StarFleet Battles type rules which are massively offputting to new players in their scale and complexity and at the other something so loose that it's open to too much interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaddj View Post
    An FAQ would be nice. We are having to work up a pretty extensive one for BOLSCON this year, but that promises to be a TON of fun
    Look forward to seeing this on the site, I'm interested to see what you come up with

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cryl View Post
    Look forward to seeing this on the site, I'm interested to see what you come up with
    I too am interested to see this FAQ. My group may actually use it. Although then again, I sold my only working army to make my current one. So, I cant play for awhile. I will not be testing it myself.

I didnt like the LOTR minis at first. But when WOTR came out I bought the book. I really like it. Too bad there is no group in my area to play.

I'd say the best way to keep it fun is to keep up the enthusiasm of the local group. Special scenarios, slow grow leauge for new peeps, fair play tournies. Terrain building night for the club.

Walrus Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Loki73 View Post
    I didnt like the LOTR minis at first. But when WOTR came out I bought the book. I really like it. Too bad there is no group in my area to play.

I'd say the best way to keep it fun is to keep up the enthusiasm of the local group. Special scenarios, slow grow leauge for new peeps, fair play tournies. Terrain building night for the club.
    Those are all the right ways to grow a game. But the most important way of doing it is to just keep playing it, in a store or club house. Keep people noticing the game and seeing how much fun you have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12