BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Simply use the 'cron codex for Orks. Necron tech + Big Mek and Pain boy = shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt High View Post
    Orks.

Structure.

In the same sentence?
    Like it or not, the codex implies a structure. But they could easily make a Mob you buy similar to a Guard platoon that would allow a ton squads in one slot. We'll see if GW agrees in ~4 months. (Hopefully.)

I could see a structure like that. I'd rather see Orks go back to BS3, WS3 like they used to be. Then suddenly you don't need 80 billion of them anymore and the army can be fun and shooty again.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Sergeant View Post
    Pff, every release is an Ork release.
    Funny you should say that, as I'm currently drawing up planz to loot an Exocrine...

Battle-Brother

I for one currently have pretty high hopes for the upcoming ork dex, here is why, really the only love the orks have gotten since the 4th edition codex has been something that I love to play around with, which is the Dread Mob, I know it's forge world however take a look at there latest update. You can take a looted wagon as a dedicated transport for your lootas (I know it's not as good as lootas being troops like back in 2nd edition) not to mention the text under the grot tanks, and grot mega tanks, saying the can both be taken in a regular ork army list as elites and fast attack respectfully. I hope to see something like the mega dread make the cross over as well but one can only hope for so much. So you take 3 parts grot tanks 2 parts mega tank a whole lotta grots and some killa kanz and bring back good ol' Wartsnaga oh could really put together a rather fun grot army. Just what I'm hoping for. Ok almost forgot to mention orks have some great choices for Lords of War, not just the stompa, look at the Squigoths and the various kill tanks that are available I think you can upgrade the kill bursts to a SD 5" template if I am remembering correctly. I think the new ork dex will be a lot of fun probably not OP but the last thing I want is to get all of those band wagoners jumping on the battlewagon.
    Last edited by Gutzmek; 01-13-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutzmek View Post
    not to mention the text under the grot tanks, and grot mega tanks, saying the can both be taken in a regular ork army list as elites and fast attack respectfully. I hope to see something like the mega dread make the cross over as well but one can only hope for so much. So you take 3 parts grot tanks 2 parts mega tank a whole lotta grots and some killa kanz and bring back good ol' Wartsnaga oh could really put together a rather fun grot army. Just what I'm hoping for. Ok almost forgot to mention orks have some great choices for Lords of War, not just the stompa, look at the Squigoths and the various kill tanks that are available I think you can upgrade the kill bursts to a SD 5" template if I am remembering correctly. I think the new ork dex will be a lot of fun probably not OP but the last thing I want is to get all of those band wagoners jumping on the battlewagon.
    The Grot army has been done. :P 2500 pts and has 25 armour units, and about 160-180 infantry (can't remember exact numbers). It is an fun glass cannon army. I also include 3 Dakkajets with the improved BS (they are grots) to add a GrotWaffe to the ground mounted GrotzKrieg. 3 jets with 9 TL 6/4 shots at BS 3 (4 vs ground targets) each and double that for the 1 round you activate the waaagh.... also another fun addition from FW. The grot sponsons. 5 points each for a side mounted big shoota at BS 3 (that might fall off), and incidently can be added to the above Grot tanks (because they are ork vehicles with the 'tank' classification). so an example squad ... 3 grot tanks with 2 grot sponsons each and a big shoota in the turret, 1 kommanda tank with 2 big shootas and 2 sponsons = 39 36" 5/5 shots at BS 3 for 195pts.

And considering the way they are going with the Epub lists. I could entirely see a Wartsnagga coming back as a special attachment with modified grot stats. Also... Each of the clans getting one (a'la Blood angels, Farsight Enclave). And saying they had fluff back in the 2nd ed codex is only partially true, Some unit selections did not reflect that. Orks love things that go 'boom' yet, the 2nd ed codex, there was not 1 artillery piece that went 'boom'. and the rules aren't at least horrible slanted against orks either (anyone remember mission cards? Virus Mine that would kill hordes, and only affected orks and guard ) and Lootas are definitely one of the best units in the new codex, basically an autocannon for 15 points. and lacking fluff in the new codex? I don't see it. (at least there are no Genestealer cult orks, or khorne worshippers)
    The change in the Loota and Looted vehicle allows the ork player to play those units without having to own or have access to 3 separate codexes and gives them their own unique flair.
    They brought back the shokk attack gun (without the annoying ammo problems), and expanded the boyz into what used to be 5 separate units. Trukk boyz, Stikkbombz, 'Ard Boyz, Shootas and Slugga boyz. (so you can gear out a very nice Mobs army, or Speed freaks)
    The ork codex as it is, is probably one of the better ones they have done for the orks, it is just getting a little long in the tooth, but us ork players have NOTHING to complain about in regards for updates (11 years for dark eldar, and 7 for the Tau.) We're just starting into year 6 for ours.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234