BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default when the dice just don't like you

I had a game last night, my daemons vs marines. one turn i had 15 horrors (not my norm) shoot at a command squad with lib and killed 1! then charged 3 blood letters and a chariot of slaanesh in and killed.....1 and i lost the combat and all models involved. the dice gods just did not like me .

I just wanted to hear of some other stories where the dice just don't want to play fair and crazy/ unexpected stuff happens.

I had five deffkoptaz get charged by eight plaguebearers once. Not only did the plaguebearers not kill a single deffkopta, the deffkoptaz hit back so hard that between combat wounds and No Retreat! they wiped out the plaguebearer unit, even though the koptaz were hitting back at S3 and the plaguebearers had their Feel No Pain.

Chapter-Master

Once I had two Land Raiders, each with a Grey Knight squad inside, plus my Brother Captain. Opponent is Plague Marines with a Vindicator and DP.

Turn one, I shoot a bunch, and my opponent makes all his cover saves.

Turn two, the vindicator explodes one Land Raider with a single shot. The squad is stranded, and is easily mopped up by multiple Plague marine squads shooting and assaulting it.

Turn 3, my opponent again makes every cover save.

Turn 4, the Vindicator takes its second shot, once again exploding my remaining Land Raider. With no mobility, and no ability to pop his tanks, he easily wipes out my second squad and Brother Captain.

I did the math at one point, and there was like a 3% chance of that vindicator hitting, penetrating and destroying two Land Raiders in two shots, given how each blast had to scatter perfectly and all.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Last night I played my first game with a new army (1000 points of Tau). Top of turn 1, my opponent blew up my devilfish with a single shot. It exploded 6" and killed enough models that I needed to take leadership tests on 5 squads. I failed all 5 and 800 points ran off the table edge.
    Last edited by Lerra; 12-15-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Last night I played my first game a new army (1000 points of Tau). Top of turn 1, my opponent blew up my devilfish with a single shot. It exploded 6" and killed enough models that I needed to take leadership tests on 5 squads. I failed all 5 and 800 points ran off the table edge.
    Horrible things like that tend to happen to new armies and/or new units. It seems every game that I put down a shiny new model on the table, it is dead turn 1. My Blood Angels are about a year and a half old and they are still struggling and think they have lost more games then they have won.

That is a pretty insane story tho man. haha
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chapter-Master

Oh, and in a similar case (my opponent's dice were on fire), I once killed a friend's Necron Lord with res orb and phylactery every single turn of the game, only to have him stand back up each time.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

I once lost 16 Bloodletters to 10 'nilla marine's bolters. 20 shots were fired, all of them hit, 17 wounds were made, and I made ONE SAVE. It took me fifteen minutes to stop laughing.
    It was the whole unit...

the dice gods really hate me i haven't won a single game in about of year playing and i've been playing for about a year
    the only time i won a game was a kill team mission from 4th but it was space marines vs. gun drones who's gunna win well of course i did but still i haven't won a game and it dosn't help that i throw every anti-tank weapon that could bring down my friends hammerhead and they all miss or jus tbounce off

Brother-Sergeant

There are two times when the dice gods hated me

1> While playing 2-3 times per week, I went two months where I never won the dice roll to determine who goes first and if I did, my opponents stolen initiative.

2> My Big Mek w/ Shokk Attack Gun rolled double 5's turn 1 (which teleports the Big mek into assault with whatever was targeted) for 12 games in a row.

Chapter-Master

My opponents always make their vehicle cover saves. I never do. The rare occations when I do always put me in a good mood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast