BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ah it's just my general plan. And depends on my not being indolent.... Which is far from guaranteed! I'm not a totally terrible painter once it's underway, but I lack disciprine!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Alpha Legion Operative

I know the feeling. I find painting for other people is fine cause I have to get it done, and most often it's a special model that I can spend some time on.

With my own mini's, I end up not painting them because I want to paint them to a higher standard than I have time for! I just normally can't settle for a quick dollop of paint, but with this VC army, I'm seriously going to try to get it painted and ready before our first run through of each battle!

Looking forward to using BFTBG on the ghouls. Give them nice blood soaked hands and jaws!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Alpha Legion Operative

I got some for Christmas to see if it's worth the switch from the custom mix of gloss, medium, red paint and glue I'm currently using!

Oh, and I just went and ordered Chunk 2 from my local GW store to get me nice and motivated! Mannfred, Crypt Horrors and a Deathknell Watch to go with them!

I was extremely lucky enough to get the models for both sides of Sigmar's Blood for Christmas. I've got a friend who's game to dip into WHFB along with me, we were just looking for a way to ease in a bit at a time. This kind of escalation is great, I'm just hoping they made enough to make it worth doing more of these with other pairs of armies. It's kinda like getting a new starter set (of sorts).

Anyway, progress! Over the past couple weeks I put together all of the VC units except the Mortis Engine, and thank god that's over. Those connection points are probably the most fiddly in the entire fantasy range, I already see myself gluing arms back on skeletons before each game. I've got some work to do on the Empire side and then it's time to paint and get the first game in. And yeah, I've got a new set of the technical paints, I'm thinking Agrellan Earth on all my VC models to represent the blasted land of Sylvania.

On the playing side, we're not invested emotionally in either army, so we're planning to play each battle twice, switching armies, so that we can taste each side of the field. Double the fun, right?

Alpha Legion Operative

Sounds like a great idea!

I was planning to get my phase one assembly under way tonight, however I'm sadly out of glue so no sticking for me I now have unboxed stuff littering my already cramped hobby room, baaaad!

Alpha Legion Operative

Well folks, I'm ready to get started! I've got my glue in hand, and am cracking open the box during my spare couple of hours tonight!

In prep, I've even started a project log so as not to hijack the thread! Anyone interested can find it here: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?40489-ACE01-s-Sigmar-s-Blood-Vampire-Counts-(and-a-bit-of-Empire)[/url]

Hooray! So, I started my Dark Elves towards the end of last year. I've got a log thread lying around somewhere, so I'll update in that.

At the moment, though, mostly my host of evil elf *******s is in boxes lying next to me. Because of Birthday and Christmas presents it isn't exactly what I'd planned out in my list, but it should still come t about 2,400 points. I want to get it all assembled and painted as soon as possible (before the spring, certainly). Plenty of work to do!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Looking forward to using BFTBG on the ghouls. Give them nice blood soaked hands and jaws!
    I tried that out on one my Empire guys, it's awesome stuff!

I'm looking for a new army to start after Empire so I'll have a think about joining in with VC...... I'm off to window shop on the Gee-Dub store!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12