BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Grav Weapons + Jaws

Simple question:

If you are hit with a grav weapon, are you now considered I1 if you are affected by Jaws?

Thanks,

First-Captain

So are you asking that if you are hit with a conclusive weapon that lowers you to I1 and than use Jaws afterwards would you totally screw over the models that are lowered to I1.

Another reason to nerf Jaws I say.

Yes. Unlike some special rules, which only cause a model to attack at I1 (e.g., Unwieldy), Concussive actually reduces your Initiative for a specified period of time. As page 43 says (emphasis mine):
    A model that suffers one or more unsaved Wounds from a weapon with this special rule is reduced to Initiative 1 until the end of the following Assault phase.

Aside from wraith knights and maybe Talos where would this be particularly useful? Most MCs have a low init anyway. Dropping from I2 to I1 assuming you've wounded it isn't that big a buff. You'd be better off trying to jaws it straight off and saving the grav guns for something else.

Chapter-Master

Most MCs have high Initiative. Daemon Princes, Dreadknights, Hive Tyrants, Tervigons, Greater Daemons... Riptides, Tervigons, and Carnifexes are the exception to the rule.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Most MCs have high Initiative. Daemon Princes, Dreadknights, Hive Tyrants, Tervigons, Greater Daemons... Riptides, Tervigons, and Carnifexes are the exception to the rule.
    Good applications for this are everywhere, not just MC's, but the above is a good example of intentions explained. Except change Tervs to Trygons but the idea is there.
    Last edited by gettothegone; 01-05-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Cause XXXXgon is confusing man.