BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Hammer and Bolter V2

had a couple questions about some of the 40K stories.
    Some potential spoilers may follow....

1. the Talon of Khorne: I like the thinly veiled references to The Odyssey; kinda cool.
    2. Bloodline: I read the Blood Angels trilogy a ways back, but I do not remember Rafen going on a quest to retrieve blood stolen from the Blood Chalice. When did the blood get stolen? And when/where did rafen's quest take place?
    3. Necessary Evil: has inquisitor Bronislaw Czevak ever come up before? Because he sounds immensely bad@$$: dressed like an Eldar harlequin, and navigating the webway on his own. Also, the cursed crozius of the Word Bearer Dark Apostle Rhadamanthys, was he (and it) in the Word Bearers trilogy? The name sounds familiar. And the Fire Claws homeworld of Neutra is wiped out? And they became the Relictors? This story makes it sound like the Relictors turned renegade, but I thought they were still loyal, just angsty and misunderstood. And I thought the Fire Claws became the Legion of the Damned (or were implied to)?
    4. Finally, there is one story (can't remember the title) where it sounds like the Scythes of the Emperor have gone renegade.

The Legion of the Damned are implied to have been born from the Fire Hawks, not Claws. Easy mix-up to make, though.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    3. Necessary Evil: has inquisitor Bronislaw Czevak ever come up before? Because he sounds immensely bad@$$: dressed like an Eldar harlequin, and navigating the webway on his own.
    [url]http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bronislaw_Czevak[/url]
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Czevak has his own book, which is a re-print, and is definitely worth a read. He is one of my favorite Inquisitors and is a perfect example of an Inquisitor using his authority and or chutzpah to have a henchman squad of lunatics and a ship to ride around just because of his own say so. lol
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

And his coat is really awesome.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Thanks all previous posters!
    Rev, thanks for the clarification.
    Mike X and katheron: I will have to get my hands on that book!