BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

My Tau friend has learned to be very very afraid of the spiders. I like to deploy them near a farseer so that they get rerolls on their first turn. Even a minimum squad of five will kill whatever you point them at.

Initiate

I can only agree with the other posts. I've used WS to very good effect in several games against an Ork player. Dropped the WS in behind his trucks and B wagons, who are all rushing towards my gun line of walkers and guardian defenders, then targeted his weaker rear armour, so far I've smoked 4 B Wagons in two games. The key is then to move the WS out of harms way and then let the gun line take out the boys that are left.

Brother-Sergeant

My warp spiders do the same thing as Dave l's warp spiders; they either die right away, or rock face and carry the game for me. id reccomend them, but with out the exarch. on the off chance they get destroyed right away you wont waste your points.
    40k: Yme-loc Eldar
    Fantasy: Ogres! lots of ogres!

Chaplain

You realise what this means !!! Now I gotta break the seal on the box I have and paint them up so I can try them out. They might fit into a larger version of my skimmer army. I just designed a 750 point force with Jet Bikes Falcon or Serpent and Vypers. I think the WS fit the bill with the deep strike rule. But maybe in a 1500 point version.

Now for colours. I run with metalics for my force. The main theme is Tin Bitz for the infantry and vehicles but with other colours for the Elites and heavies. Metalic green for my scorpions, blue for the banshees, bronze for the dragons, gun metal for the reapers. So what for the spiders? I have had a look at metalic red, it does not work. I do have a graphite type finish that might work. The trick is to offset the metals with flat colours so with that I could go close to classic and stay in the theme of the army.

i run 2 bare bones units as auto include. their main role is to pop open transports so my scytheguard in serpents can swoop in and burninate the contents within. then it becomes a game of opportunistic destruction. fast enough to be where they need to be when i need them to be there i use them to plug gaps, often moving up and down the table throughout a game. they are good vs everything bar AV14 which is fairly uncommon so they always have a use. they seldom survive a battle because of their threat factor but they always make an impact far exceeding what they cost.

i like the exarch but i just cant justify the points cost when i've found the unit tends to make its kills without him anyway. the AP1 is nice but seldom comes into play if your mainly causing glancing hits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12