BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

If you think about it, the psychic powers actually seem to work really well with the target priority of this codex.

If you think about what we know about the powers: Make them do a pinning test-so snap shots at you next turn. Make them lose d3 WS/BS-so almost more snap shots. FNP on 2 units. All of those 3 can be usefull for defence. Then onslaught has its uses and then the next 2 are aggressive powers. Not bad, used right they could be good I think. We will miss the utility from the BRB powers and models like the swarmlord I think will suffer alot because of that but the rest should do ok with the new powers.

Another thing I noticed was the blinding venom. It says that rule is for the model, and it has the Blinding USR. How likely is it that you can allocate some gargoyle attacks to blinding venom, and some to just normal attacks. If they take a wound from it, the unit that took it goes to BS/WS 1. How many 6's do you think we can roll in one assault of 20 gargs? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    This excites me greatly, and I would like to know more.

I am envisioning turn one MC peekaboo followed by endless bug hole gants all up in all the faces.
    So I checked the entry for ripper swarms, it's just Deep Strike translated a la Español.

Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy79 View Post
    Another thing I noticed was the blinding venom. It says that rule is for the model, and it has the Blinding USR. How likely is it that you can allocate some gargoyle attacks to blinding venom, and some to just normal attacks. If they take a wound from it, the unit that took it goes to BS/WS 1. How many 6's do you think we can roll in one assault of 20 gargs? =)
    Average would be 3 2/3s, given that you only get one Blind attack per model.

Hi all !
    I give my first impressions after these 3 days of pictures, informations about the new codex.
    I was really disappointed when i read the post from guys who finally got the holy book !
    I CANCEL my preorder ! (Yep i know...)

But I begin to see the changes ! And I think it Will be big !!! No monstruous !!!
    Lower prices,
    A lot of combos with powers (all psyker can have catalyst, etc) and biomorph !! (Who said adrenal and toxic for all ?? )
    Fleet for all (almost)
    Flying MC
    Gargoyles seem to be fun
    The Mawloc become awful (more than the trygon, I'm not a fan)
    The exocrine ������ and haruspex

But no more warriors (perhaps with a gronide list ?) and stealer (sick)
    Lictor are useless...
    Tfex bof
    Zoan w&s
    Last edited by grosse dent; 01-09-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaiyou View Post
    Warrior Brood - 90 Pts

Unit Composition
    3 Tyranid Warriors

Weapons and Biomorphs
    Devourer
    Scything Talons

Special Rules
    Synapse Creature
    Shadow in the Warp
    Very Bulky

May add up to 6 additional Tyranid Warriors - 30 pts/model

1 model in the unit may select an item from the Basic Biocannons list

Any models may select from the list of Basic Bioweapons and Combat Bioweapons

The brood may select any of the following
    Toxin Sacs - 3 pts/model
    Flesh hooks - 4 pts/model
    Adrenal Glands - 5 pts/model

NOTE: Seems you can mix and match warriors in a brood, the entry doesn't make a restriction. Unless this restriction is elsewhere in the codex it seems that you can equip warriors individually just like with the Tyrant Guard.
    Hang on, does this mean my old 2 gun warrior is now legal again?

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Hang on, does this mean my old 2 gun warrior is now legal again?
    Keep in mind even if it is, it can't fire both guns at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Akaiyou View Post
    Tyranid Shriek Brood - 90 Pts

Unit Type
    Jump Infantry

Unit Composition
    3 Tyranid Shriek

Weapons and Biomorphs
    Devourer
    Scything Talons

Special Rules
    Synapse Creature
    Shadow in the Warp
    Very Bulky

May add up to 6 additional Tyranid Shriek - 30 pts/model

1 model in the unit may select an item from the Basic Biocannons list

Any models may select from the list of Basic Bioweapons and Combat Bioweapons

The brood may select any of the following
    Toxin Sacs - 3 pts/model
    Flesh hooks - 4 pts/model
    Adrenal Glands - 4 pts/model

NOTE - WTF...it doesn't list WINGS in their entry. So does this mean we can field regular warriors and call them shrieks? Their entry is identical except for adrenal glands being cheaper on shrieks and the unit type being jump infantry.
    I'm pretty sure that should read Shrike not Shriek, and of so they do have wings, at least always did have.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by xsquidz View Post
    If you think about it, the psychic powers actually seem to work really well with the target priority of this codex.

If you think about what we know about the powers: Make them do a pinning test-so snap shots at you next turn. Make them lose d3 WS/BS-so almost more snap shots. FNP on 2 units. All of those 3 can be usefull for defence. Then onslaught has its uses and then the next 2 are aggressive powers. Not bad, used right they could be good I think. We will miss the utility from the BRB powers and models like the swarmlord I think will suffer alot because of that but the rest should do ok with the new powers.
    It's not that the powers are useless. It's just that they're very underwhelming as far as psychic powers go, other than catalyst. Situationally useful, but with random psychic powers and deny the witch and the like, they're not going to be reliable.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Chobot View Post
    Keep in mind even if it is, it can't fire both guns at the same time...
    no but at least he won't be sitting on a shelf gathering dust anymore either, and it would give him a choice of shots.

Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast