BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Hi all.

Got to admit I'm disappointed in what I'm hearing so far. I had high hopes we couldn't be worse than the current dex. But that's 3 nerfs in a row now; our last dex, followed by 6ed rules nerfs, now this. Sad, very sad. I wanted the nids to be something to be scared of again, instead we'll turn up and our opponents will laugh and say 'oh, it's a bug hunt'.

Angry codex book in hand from Malta

Hi guys im from Malta, just got my nid book from the local gamestore here, been playin nids since end of 3rd edition when we used to kick *** by turn 2 in combat, been readin all ur posts but never rly bothered to write anythin before ...unfortunately still not even close to that time with this new dex either!!! Though boneswords are INSTANT DEATH on 6's so bye bye quite easily to major probs like riptides and wraithknights, no EW from synapse or anything!! However still have fearless and lots of pts reductions!! Psychic powers arent that bad if u sync them well, imagine warpblast on a flyrant with boneswords and scy tals +1A from extra melee weapon) equals 6 A on charge!!! Prefer the harpy TBH, can drop spores every turn plus H venom cannon (dsnt-1on vehicle damage chart anymore), crone has S6 AP4 template, meh, and yes S8 vectir strike, which seems to be oir only way to rly kill flyers as we dnt have skyfire ANYWHERE and no mention of double FOC either
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_142318.jpg 
Views:	624 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	6659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_142242.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	6660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_142215.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	6661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_142156.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	6662  

Scout

Here I was thinking I'd get to play something other than what I'm currently playing to be competitive at all. Turns out I'll be playing the same, just with more stuff. Thanks GW. Thanks for pretty much nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Eustachius Von Von View Post
    yeah that was just an example, u shut down its shooting ok, dunno the price cost of a riptide but i think should be close to a trygon prime. the meaning of what i said is a riptide is powerful on shooting so a trygon should destroy it in cc not just sit back there and glare at it cause u roll 1/2.
    its fine to shut down shootin and thats a boost to cc but tyranids should just smash things up in cc and i cant understand this nerf to talons since this edition is not meleefriendly.
    Remember that the Riptide would also take several turns of shooting to kill the Trygon, and it misses on 1-2-3 without ML support. So if it takes it 3 turns of shooting on the average, and it takes the Trygon 2 game turns (4 assault phases) of clawing to kill the Riptide, it may be reasonably balanced. I'd have to see the point costs, and do the math on how many turns each would take to kill the other, but I wouldn't say at this point that Trygons are going to be bad in CC because they lack re-rolls. If anything, I'd worry more about the fact that they're still going to be killed by other MCs with Instant Death attacks, but that's no worse than now, and at least you'll lose fewer points when that happens.

Such certainty without any actual experience from trying it out.

We're nerds. We're better than this.

Major points drops across the board. Some stuff not as it was. Perks like easy access to re-rolling hits removed.

That's a pretty standard update. Until you've got several games under your belt, against a decent variety of opponents (so not just Riptide-Spam, or similar beardfests), how do you know with any genuine certainty that the trade off leaves a deficit?

Take Hormogaunts. Nekkid as they come, they no longer re-roll ones to hit. Not so great. Definite hit to efficiency. But they have dropped a point. In other words, they're now 16% cheaper. Add in other pounds savings. This means you can field more for the same points. Or keep the same size and use the points for different units. Bounding Leap used to be roll 3 dice for run. Fleet now does similar, and you get an additional 3" to your run. That's a boost right there. Minimum 4" run closes the range. Maximum 9" run reduces the time your opponent has to gun them down.

Swing and roundabouts chaps.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

This new codex also makes instinctive behavour that much worse! All the points we are saving on models like hive tyrants (that are going to be easier to kill with no 2+ saves and no biomancy) are going to need to be spent on more Synapse... imagine a 150+ point exocrine going to ground because its out of synapse, or a brood of 400+ point carnifexes eating themselves... W T F

Our armies are going to need to stay even closer to each other than ever which in a mobile game with objectives.... means death. Our shooting bugs in the back are going to have to have a babysitter full time or they will need to advance with the melee ones. That makes a lot of tactical sense for this whole powerfull hive fleet lol.

Brother-Sergeant

Did you really have to cut off the bio artefacts on the Swarmlord? Please, another picture good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by xsquidz View Post
    This new codex also makes instinctive behavour that much worse! All the points we are saving on models like hive tyrants (that are going to be easier to kill with no 2+ saves and no biomancy) are going to need to be spent on more Synapse... imagine a 150+ point exocrine going to ground because its out of synapse, or a brood of 400+ point carnifexes eating themselves... W T F

Our armies are going to need to stay even closer to each other than ever which in a mobile game with objectives.... means death. Our shooting bugs in the back are going to have to have a babysitter full time or they will need to advance with the melee ones. That makes a lot of tactical sense for this whole powerfull hive fleet lol.
    Or you could, you know, think your way out of the box, as opposed to throwing teddy from the pram and having a tantrum.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I would love a picture of page 64 please!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Caruana View Post
    Hi guys im from Malta, ...
    Thanks for posting!! Always great to have more images so that readers can make better discussion points! So Mycetic Spores are fluffed out to Explosive Hot air balloons that drop Spore mines... I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth...

Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast