BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Why am I buying v the same codex I already have? Or bought since I already bought it. Anyway I think rending claws is a nasty anti orc/ swarm weapons also the fact they rend it kill lower ap as well. Which means unless you are armour 4 or have invulnerable saves those claw attack are going to hurt.

The main problem with the dex isnt the IB (its the 2nd :P) but the fact that in 5th, we had 2 models with skyfire, the tyrants and harpies (but harpies have/had blasts so...nuff said) and flyrants were gd at it with BLworms...now we hVe warriors and their variants, tyrants and swarmy who can all easily ID a wraithknight/riptide, GREAT!!! but nowthat same unit, the tyrant or 2 in ur army, dnt have BL worms and arent gna be killin the flyers fr you anymore and if u keep flyrants with BL worms, the only unit that can ID a wraithknight/riptide are ur precious cheap synapse t4 warriorsand their variants.... the only way a harpy can destroy the flyers of marines/gknights or helldrakes is by vector striking it and thats not easy and depends on ur d3 as its on a 5+ to pen and uhave NO SKYFIRE on anything, nada, nothing, zero...On aplus note Harpies are gna bereally good!! 140pts, S9 blast on tanks, drop spore mines barrage S4 ap4 large blast every turn rly is great!! Oh ye, once again, flyers are our problems once again now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Caruana View Post
    The main problem with the dex isnt the IB (its the 2nd :P) but the fact that in 5th, we had 2 models with skyfire, the tyrants and harpies (but harpies have/had blasts so...nuff said) and flyrants were gd at it with BLworms...now we hVe warriors and their variants, tyrants and swarmy who can all easily ID a wraithknight/riptide, GREAT!!! but nowthat same unit, the tyrant or 2 in ur army, dnt have BL worms and arent gna be killin the flyers fr you anymore and if u keep flyrants with BL worms, the only unit that can ID a wraithknight/riptide are ur precious cheap synapse t4 warriorsand their variants.... the only way a harpy can destroy the flyers of marines/gknights or helldrakes is by vector striking it and thats not easy and depends on ur d3 as its on a 5+ to pen and uhave NO SKYFIRE on anything, nada, nothing, zero...On aplus note Harpies are gna bereally good!! 140pts, S9 blast on tanks, drop spore mines barrage S4 ap4 large blast every turn rly is great!! Oh ye, once again, flyers are our problems once again now...
    FMCs still have Skyfire when Swooping by virtue of the BRB faq.

Scout

Maybe Raveners will be worth taking since they have a 12" move unhindered by terrain, and can get off a charge of usually around 7-8". 20" of movement isn't so bad on those models, kind of like Khorne Hounds, but you need to keep them in cover until they are ready to strike. 5 of them for 150 doesn't seem too terrible.

Otherwise, it looks like the good units in the 5th edition codex will continue to be the ones we see, except for the Doom of Malantai.

The Crone is literally our only Anti-Air... really GW? That's not very fun at all. 155 of auto-include that can still be grounded, still be vector striked, etc... Some of the new weapons rules are cool, especially ignores cover (thank goodness) but because Hive Guard are going up in cost by 5 points, it offsets any sort of gain they made. As if Hive Guard were terribly underpriced to begin with.

It literally looks like GW wants you to run one build, 24" shooting MC nids, thats it.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by n00bzilla99 View Post
    The Crone is literally our only Anti-Air... really GW? That's not very fun at all. 155 of auto-include that can still be grounded, still be vector striked, etc... Some of the new weapons rules are cool, especially ignores cover (thank goodness) but because Hive Guard are going up in cost by 5 points, it offsets any sort of gain they made. As if Hive Guard were terribly underpriced to begin with.
    I think Flyrants with dual MC devourers will still be great, especially since Tyrants are BS4 now. 12 x str 6 shots into the rear armor on any flyer is bound to bring the pain.

I know its fuzzy but anybody else notice that Spore Mines detonation increases by +2 for each spore mine in the same cluster up to, I believe, S10. Say hello, to game changers, Tanks aren't safe from Spore mines any more if the cluster is big enough.

Wait, what? The Deathleaper is a HQ unit now? DAFQ.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

They have always been bs4
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

"tyranid always evolve to blbalbalbalbal"
    hive guard WS 4 BS 3
    u did it

Red terror is an 85pts upgrade to raveners, with 2 sets of scy talons which basically simply give him +1 attack....no rending nothing, just a swallow whole rule for draigo hunting I suppose...hive guard at bs3.
    GW is basically saying the mid sized nids leave on the shelves, all of them, except warriors as u need synapse badly this edition...maaaybe lictors wud be gd if u make a whole army that deep strikes after them but then ud need swarmy as hed give you that plus 1 to reserves roll, get ur lictors out, drop out red terror +9 ravenersand yet ud have nthing to kill knights/riptides, nothing fr flyers besides a vector strike from 1, 2 crones if u have the points, hah imagine 3 units of 1 lictor, 3 units of 9 raveners and 1 with red terror, deathleaper and swarmy hqs and loaaads of gaunts as the rest, oh and raveners must have rending claws fr those tanks, wud be pretty cool (9raveners wit r.claws+red terror=400pts, checked it) andcud shock sme opponents, but, oh, wait, Instinctive behaviour.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_223952.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	6673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_223937.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	6674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_223910.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	6675  

Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast