BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    I hope we have a heavy outflank option. To bad winged warriors can't be troops.
    If you mean can we do mass outflank?

Sort of, stealers and lictors can outflank due to infiltrate, and if you spend 20 pts on each hive tyrant you can out flank 2 intantry troops choices.

However remember that you are still limited to only half you army in reserves (particularly as lictors now have the option of regular deployment)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    I agree that 'flawed rules are exposed', but that's the TO's responsibility to create events that benefit the majority of players, not to *strictly* play to the rulebook.
    I would argue that the responsibility lies with the game designer to do a thorough and professional job to minimize non-competitive rules. If the TOs need to clean up your rules to make the game competitive, that means you poorly designed your game.

Chapter-Master

Can I get confirmation on an idea.

Does Shadow in the warp STACK? For each Model?

I mean if you are in range of 2 synapse creatures is it -6 ld for enemy psykers?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

I mean if you are in range of 2 synapse creatures is it -6 ld for enemy psykers?
    Probably not. If you read almost every single 40k rule, they do not stack unless a) the rules have separate names, or b) they explicitly state they stack.
    I believe all FAQs have ruled this way.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    I would argue that the responsibility lies with the game designer to do a thorough and professional job to minimize non-competitive rules. If the TOs need to clean up your rules to make the game competitive, that means you poorly designed your game.
    which GW have never made any bones about, they make models, the rules are 2ndary to that. They know the rules are crap and don't care, still the best large scale 28mm rules out there, all the others are skirmish rules. Okay we know they aren't perfect, no game is. Hell Mantic crapped out on Warpath which did look promising till they did 2nd ed.

I've already said, I'm playing against the new dex Sunday, if I lose it's no worse than the old one, and I'll get it. If I win (I never win) I shall buy a Valkyrie or Heldrake proxy instead (refuse to buy actual Heldrake, tis ugly and I don't like it).
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    nah, not really. Considering how large of a game 40k is (there are a redonkulous number of armies) making things completely balanced is a redonkulous endeavor. Instead, the TO can just work with the rules they have. The example that I just showed above uses all the GW rules, and imposes a clever restriction that makes almost every fight awesome.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Probably not. If you read almost every single 40k rule, they do not stack unless a) the rules have separate names, or b) they explicitly state they stack.
    I believe all FAQs have ruled this way.
    This is the argument pro stack being made on tyranid hive

Technically, I believe it does.

Assume a unit (farseer) that is within 12" of two flyrants.

The rule states:
    Enemy Psykers within 12" of this model have a -3 to leadership

Lets start at the first one.
    Is the farseer within 12" of Flyrant1? Yes. -3 Leadership.
    Is the farseer within 12" of Flyrant2? Yes. -3 Leadership.

There is nothing that states that this effect is something that can't stack. You need to check two conditions. Is it within 12" of a model with that rule. AND. Is it a psyker.

That's obviously not RAI as three warriors can give -9, but that is what the rules say.
    actually re-reading this

Shadow in the Warp: Enemy Psykers within 12" of this model have -3 Leadership.

what that really says is your psyker is now -3LD, but since you cant go below 0LD its just 0 and they can only pass on double 1s.
    Unless there is something in the BRB prevent this sort of stack it doesn't matter about precedent, the wording in shadow would be very specific.

It does not. The wording in the reference section of the codex is incomplete. In the wording where the rule is first discussed, it says the enemy psyker takes a -3 penalty to Ld if they are in range of one or more models with the SitW rule.

Chapter-Master

sigh, of course. would have been quite funny watching enemy psyckers crap their pants at a nid list

Chapter-Master

This is the argument pro stack being made on tyranid hive

Unless there is something in the BRB prevent this sort of stack it doesn't matter about precedent, the wording in shadow would be very specific.
    you are misunderstanding: the same rule is being used—they don't stack. I don't care if you think precedents don't apply, but *EVERY* FAQ has ruled this way. Precedents are how GW runs their rules.

Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast