BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Just a note on the "GW are a model company not a gaming company" argument

From the Games workshop stock listing
    Yeah well...it says they do all of that FOR tableop wargaming. Strictly speaking, that means all those activities are subordinate to the purpose of tabletop wargaming. Not saying that's what GW actually meant since we know they uh..."don't always"...write what they mean, but I am saying that's how I would interpret the statement on their website.

AS to nids, even sillier than the armylist with no synapse via deathleaper and OOE is the army with no warlord using a HQ tervigon. (its not a character)
    Ugh so funny it if weren't so sad.

sigh just NVM
    No kidding. There's no reasoning with a WAAC interwebz debater.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    No kidding. There's no reasoning with a WAAC interwebz debater.
    I am more trying to tell daboarder to stop being a jerk about the new rules. It has been constant drivel of 'oh le sigh' from this guy. Not to mention, getting 5th Edition rules wrong, then saying 'le sigh'. You cannot complain about a rules change when your reference frame is wrong.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    I am more trying to tell daboarder to stop being a jerk about the new rules.
    It doesn't look like your plan worked. I would say you need to give this conversation a break for a bit.

Truthfully, I would say that everyone should wait to pull out the long knives until after they have had a day or 2 to read the codex and digest it.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Not that hard to understand, dude. First the previous codex came out, and it was pretty crappy and pissed a lot of players off. Then, they kept FAQ'ing nerf after nerf into the codex, even when there were no rules conflicts to FAQ (WTF couldn't a Prime join Warriors in a pod). Then 6th edition came around and mostly hurt them, with the only bright star being Biomancy.

And now the new codex is coming out, and virtually everything, with very few exceptions, is a nerf? After years of being treated like crap, of waiting for a new codex that would fix the fundamental problems with the army, the new codex... doesn't. It shuffles around stuff a bit, and it does have some new toys and a few buffs here and there, so nids might get a little better overall, but you don't seriously expect people to be happy about that, do you?
    Darklink speaks much wisdom
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    It doesn't look like your plan worked. I would say you need to give this conversation a break for a bit.

Truthfully, I would say that everyone should wait to pull out the long knives until after they have had a day or 2 to read the codex and digest it.
    Of course it didn't work. We are on BOLS forums!

Chapter-Master

Darklink speaks much wisdom
    yes and no. Most armies never get a complete revision, so this argument is basically bunk. What matters is how the army works as a whole, and just from what I have read, Tyranids now play completely differently from the previous codex.

Not bad for changing very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    yes and no. Most armies never get a complete revision, so this argument is basically bunk. What matters is how the army works as a whole, and just from what I have read, Tyranids now play completely differently from the previous codex.

Not bad for changing very little.
    Well...you can put 6 MCs on the table alongside 120 troops, and still have room in 2K points for 6-8 other models. That's definitely different.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post

Not to have a go (seriously not having a go) But we've had the codex for about 3 days now, the entire thing is basically re-written by akaiyou about 10 pages back. Personally, I'm getting my actual copy in about an hour and will be looking at writing a review and tactics article section by section as that is typically one of the best ways to evaluate a new book

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Well...you can put 6 MCs on the table alongside 120 troops, and still have room in 2K points for 6-8 other models. That's definitely different.
    One of the blokes on 3++ has an list thats got 200+ models for around 1200 pts.....haha and we always new this list would come down to how much we can fit in a list rather than any synergy

(yes to those of you who are reading and think I am constantly negative I've said this on numerous occasions in this thread)
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-10-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Not to have a go (seriously not having a go) But we've had the codex for about 3 days now, the entire thing is basically re-written by akaiyou about 10 pages back. Personally, I'm getting my actual copy in about an hour and will be looking at writing a review and tactics article section by section as that is typically one of the best ways to evaluate a new book

One of the blokes on 3++ has an list thats got 200+ models for around 1200 pts.....haha and we always new this list would come down to how much we can fit in a list rather than any synergy

(yes to those of you who are reading and think I am constantly negative I've said this on numerous occasions in this thread)

just because some bloke made a list with 200 models in 1200 points doesn't mean it does anything good. There are plenty of worthless 40k armies with 100s of models in 1000 points.

Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast