BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by rogueaccount View Post
    Not that i really want to poke this bear, but doesnt Warmahordes have something close to the same scale of factions and units as 40k? Not my cup of tea, but the brief time I did play it seemed very tight and well written.

I'm giving this new dex a fair shake...but double FOC might be the way to go to prevent synapse loss from biting too hard and still have other elite options. Zoanthropes ahoy!
    It's pretty close. In fact, considering that literally half of 40k is red/blue/green/grey/black Marines, warmahordes actually has more genuinely unique factions with greatly varying playstyles, and despite tynskels claims, it is a balanced enough game that not only are all factions represented at the top tables, but the weakest factions still take top spots fairly frequently. Compare it to 40k, and it's literally a joke.

Plus, within each faction there is far, far more variability. Most 40k books ultimately break down to a small number of competitive builds. Warmahordes allows you to bring any one of a dozen casters or warlocks per faction, all with unique playstyles, and multiple ways of playing each one. And most of them are genuinely good enough to be competitive enough.

Meanwhile, gw hasn't released an faq in how many months?

Claiming gw has quality rules while handwaving the multitude of large, blatant, and relatively easily solveable problems in 40k with a 'but balance is hard', while other companies, pp being the most obvious, are doing a vastly better job, is laughable.

I really don't know what else to say. 40k is fun, it's easy to get a game, the models are cool, and the fluff is cool, but the rules are objectively mediocre at best, and the company is openly dismissive and actively exploitative of its customers.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I really don't know what else to say. 40k is fun, it's easy to get a game, the models are cool, and the fluff is cool, but the rules are objectively mediocre at best, and the company is openly dismissive and actively exploitative of its customers.
    See, not just wisdom, but a way with words too.

seriously we need a like button
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Sad but true. And I'm still going to play their game. :-(

But boarder, the way you may interpret something, someone may interpret it differently.

Also, I love some people's perception that GW is some kind of facist, maniacal, evil tyrant. You really need to reevaluate your life situation. Maybe this is not the hobby for you.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 01-10-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

thats life mate
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Not to have a go (seriously not having a go) But we've had the codex for about 3 days now, the entire thing is basically re-written by akaiyou about 10 pages back. Personally, I'm getting my actual copy in about an hour and will be looking at writing a review and tactics article section by section as that is typically one of the best ways to evaluate a new book
    No worries. Just trying to cool the temp in here a bit.

Yeah, I've seen the posts from a few pages back. I just never really feel like I can make an informed decision without a real copy of the rules in front of me.

Chapter-Master

I agree, but theres nothing wrong with forming a hypothesis and working on it, provided you are willing to change your mind as new information comes to light and more experimental data is gathered.

Are YOU willing to change your mind?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I certainly hope so TDA, I'd be very bad at research if I wasn't

as to nid themselves, I already have a number of ideas I need to look at more indepth, my first game will be using the closest approximation to my old list as I can get, but that isn't going to give me much info thats is useful to evaluate the book, its more so I can get a handle on what I can fit into the list and which direction it should go.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Also, I love some people's perception that GW is some kind of facist, maniacal, evil tyrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    the way you may interpret something, someone may interpret it differently.

Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast