BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    hmm that sounds tasty.....thorax flying combat tyrants.....
    There ya go. Starting to think outside of "le sigh".
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by phoenyxx View Post
    That's disappointing. I've always enjoyed your lists and different take/strategy.
    Really? Well, just for that dude, when I have a physical Nid codex in my hands I shall put a list up here for you to gander at.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I think what will happen is that the cookie cutter list might actually stop happening with the changes that were made.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Really? Well, just for that dude, when I have a physical Nid codex in my hands I shall put a list up here for you to gander at.
    Yep! I like finding odd combos that "shouldn't work" but actually do ok on the table for me. I love seeing controversial lists!

I tried so hard to make the new CSM dex work, but I just do not enjoy playing that army in its current iteration.

I'm still debating playing a Thousands Sons army anyway though, just because I read the books and think they are cool. I feel they are very poorly represented in the dex however.

This is true phoenyxx, my latest iteration of the POWER OF CHAOS is actually entirely Slaaneshi Noise Marines.

It is hilarious killing enemies with the power of Dubstep.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Stating what most people play is not an argument that means that there are not more ways to play. People play marines because marines are just all around fun.
    Let me list the armies in 40k and Warmahordes:

Dark Angels
    Blood Angels
    Grey Knights
    Space Wolves
    Space Marines
    Chaos Marines

Tau
    Eldar
    IG
    Chaos Daemons
    Nids
    Orks
    Dark Eldar
    Sisters

14 factions, unless I'm missing one. Of those, 6 are all various Space Marines, and really should be three books. Effectively 11 unique factions. Of those, Nids, Orks, and Sisters are generally pretty bad, Tau, Eldar, and Daemons ROFLStomp everyone they play,

Warmahordes has:

Cygnar
    Protectorate
    Khador
    Cryx
    Convergence
    Retribution
    Mercenaries

Trollbloods
    Circle
    Skorne
    Legion
    Minions

12 factions, none of which are just a carbon copy of another faction with a different paint scheme and a few unique special characters. They all have very unique playstyles and units. There's no 'well, my Tactical Marines have Hit and Run'. And Warmahordes factions aren't small, either, other than Convergence, which came out only a few months ago. In fact, PP regularly releases new units, without forcing customers to buy a new, overpriced book every time, and they don't pull any bull**** shennanigans where they nerf the old units and make the new units awesomesauce so you're pushed to buy a whole new army. We don't know anyone who does that all the time, do we?

Cryx has, as I count it, 64 units, not counting unique character unit variants on standard units, nor unit attachments or weapon attachments. Cygnar also has 64. Protectorate and Khador are just as large. The unit count of Grey Knights? Like 25. Do any 40k factions have 60+ units? I wouldn't be surprised, but your claim that 40k is somehow a unique snowflake and that makes it impossible to balance is pretty blatantly unfounded.

I am not saying that 'everyone plays Marines, 40k is dumb'. I am saying, 40k isn't as diverse, and Warmahordes isn't as small-time, as you seem to think. And Warmachine is objectively much more balanced than 40k is. It openly embraces competitive gameplay, but you can play perfectly casual games with it. The end result is, everyone has more fun, because the rules are of a higher quality. Stuff is more balanced, victory is determined more by player skill than by optimized lists, and there are far fewer rules quandries. And, hey, when there is a rules question, PP actually answers them. A company that actually cares about providing customer support? Who'da thunk it?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

You're forgetting that GW is a "gateway" hobby, you don't discover Warmahordes first. You discover Games Workshop first.
    There are no stores in the towns and cities selling exclusively Warmahordes, there isn't a demand for it. Know why? Because Games Workshop are the number one seller of wargames products, Privateer Press don't even come close to the revenue that Games Workshop produces.

This isn't fanboyism, this is fact. If it wasn't, then there would be Privateer Press shops everywhere.

As for answering rules questions and customer support, I've always had a response within the week, so I don't know who you're talking to but you're barking up the wrong tree.

Then there's skill. Yes, you can argue that there are power lists in 40k, but I have beat those power lists over the years using strategy; which is a thing that people often forget. You can out-skill your opponent, you just have to know your army and how to manipulate your opponent's army.
    Remember that at the end of the day, all it is is a dice roll. The roll of a 1 can ruin anyone's day, regardless of game system.

Can we hear more about the new Nids please?

Do we get BRB powers or not? New FoC changes?

GW isn't the sole entry point for miniature gaming - plenty of people are starting with WM/H now, or other systems. Yeah, they don't have their own stores, but they are much friendlier to independents than GW is. Then there is the power of organized play programs. Those get people into stores and playing, which creates exposure, which attracts new players.

Not to mention a lot more places have independent stores than have GW stores.

PS. If my void shield generator is 12" from your void shield generator and I shoot at a group of models standing right between them with a Thunderfire cannon, what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Mantis View Post
    Can we hear more about the new Nids please?

Do we get BRB powers or not? New FoC changes?
    No and No. I realize this thread is large, but we're not talking about stuff like that because it was discussed already. Not your fault, just explaining to you why the conversation has changed directions.

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast