BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Angry

Quiiite gd, im tellin u, with all the ID we can inflict id saynits the only positive id say we have in the dex!! I mean swarmy, tyrants, anything that can take boneswords can ID a riptide/wraithknight!!! Id say the biggest nerf went to the trygon as they remained IDENTICAL yet without reroll to hit. Regen is a biiig buff giving a 4+ to regain a wound....I can imagine hormies cming in as speedbumps, maybe 1 tervi lists, and harpies seem great at 140pts with H.venom cannon without-1 modifier+spores dropped every turn...with mre warpblast if ure lucky on ur flyrants+ harpies shooting and haruspexs with adr glands I dont see wave serpents as a problem POTENTIALLY, were talking swarm with hormies and termies +1 tervi, 2 flyrants all CC, if u get warpblast all the better, fr 10pts u can give dem electroshock grubs on the thorax which are haywire too, so tanks arent that much ofna prob, the main threat are flyers as on average tentaclids glance and u have 4 on each, drool cannon is template and u have to manage to vector strike andnwound on 5+ to pen AV12....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140108_212612.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	6663  

No. That's Meiotic Spores.

Those are quite different.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Shas_Sam View Post
    So Mycetic Spores are fluffed out to Explosive Hot air balloons that drop Spore mines... I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth...
    That fluff box is referring to these:
    [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tyranids/MIEOTIC-SPORE-SACKS.html"]Mieotic Spore Sacks[/URL]

I think its interesting how they are specifically describing Forgeworld kits you can expand your army with in the main codex.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Or you could, you know, think your way out of the box, as opposed to throwing teddy from the pram and having a tantrum.
    Lol. Great response. I already know many solutions and am thinking ahead, like 1) not taking the model in question 2) taking more synapse 3) staying near synapse etc etc. They are all stupid. Having your whole army have a 50% to do something horribily bad with a failed leadership roll and bad leadership if not in synapse is crippling. Anyone smart is going to focus down the synapse even faster (since most are weaker now) and then your army defeats itself. Good luck vs Tau.

Think about how much worse that is compared to the 5th ED codex, where if you failed the test you might get rage, now you kill yourself, or you go to ground or you run away-50% of the time on failed IB tests.

If I was throwing a tantrum I would have used CAPS LIKE THIS. I am just saying it is a horribly brutal mechanic that I think will prove to be the worst part of the codex and in time what will bring it down. You can't zoom your tyrants or they will not be providing synapse to everything else. So then you need more babysitter synapse. So that 150+ point exocrine also has a synapse tax required at all times in the new codex.

It's as if Shoot The Big Ones is something entirely new.

I know. Let's go back to 2nd Ed yeah? That way, when you lose all your Synapse, you lose your army and the game. Because that's far superior yes?

Synpase is a Tyranid thing. Always has been, always will be.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Caruana View Post
    Quiiite gd, im tellin u, with all the ID we can inflict id saynits the only positive id say we have in the dex!! I mean swarmy, tyrants, anything that can take boneswords can ID a riptide/wraithknight!!! Id say the biggest nerf went to the trygon as they remained IDENTICAL yet without reroll to hit. Regen is a biiig buff giving a 4+ to regain a wound....I can imagine hormies cming in as speedbumps, maybe 1 tervi lists, and harpies seem great at 140pts with H.venom cannon without-1 modifier+spores dropped every turn...with mre warpblast if ure lucky on ur flyrants+ harpies shooting and haruspexs with adr glands I dont see wave serpents as a problem POTENTIALLY, were talking swarm with hormies and termies +1 tervi, 2 flyrants all CC, if u get warpblast all the better, fr 10pts u can give dem electroshock grubs on the thorax which are haywire too, so tanks arent that much ofna prob, the main threat are flyers as on average tentaclids glance and u have 4 on each, drool cannon is template and u have to manage to vector strike andnwound on 5+ to pen AV12....
    Thanks a lot man, any word on Old One Eye?

Misread on my part. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's as if Shoot The Big Ones is something entirely new.

I know. Let's go back to 2nd Ed yeah? That way, when you lose all your Synapse, you lose your army and the game. Because that's far superior yes?

Synpase is a Tyranid thing. Always has been, always will be.
    The difference is that when you lost your synapse with the 5th ED codex your models didn't have a chance to eat their own unit, go to ground instead of firing or just run away etc often they just raged and still were useful. Now if you do lose your synapse it is effectively game over, you can't even leave a gaunt squad guarding an objective anymore, they will fail IB and just run away first or second turn. Such an awesome mechanic.

Assuming IB works as its been posted here.

Why the heck do warriors have "Very Bulky" if we have no transports.

Page 64 scan please?

Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast