BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

@ FlangeNabber

Thanks for checking. Kinda want to swear at GW now. Like... a lot. So they literally do nothing on Monstrous Creatures. Wow.

To brighten my spirits could you please tell me if Spore Mines (whether through Harpy or Biovores) have gained their multiple firing types back?

Also: Do regular Venom Cannons get the multiple firing profiles like the Artefacts one?

Brother-Sergeant

Why the hate for maw claws and the bonesword artifacts, those things would be sweet on a hive tyrant assuming they're cheap enough

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    Why the hate for maw claws and the bonesword artifacts, those things would be sweet on a hive tyrant assuming they're cheap enough
    Well you can probably only have one like most artifacts. I think those of us who have posted said they like the bonesword. Best item on that list IMO.
    BOLScon 40k Judge

Chapter-Master

I'm not really too impressed so far. The psychic powers aren't bad, but only Catalyst is what I would call good.

Dominion is decent for blocking out enemy psykers and providing a bit larger fearless bubble, but the fearless bubble is more just to keep up with other army's Ld buffs than it is to surpass them, unless something has significantly changed elsewhere. Good, but not great.

Catalyst is great. No argument there.

The Horror might be good, if there's a decent Ld penalty, but it's still only going to work half the time, and armies like Eldar don't care if you try and Pin their Wave Serpents. It's hilarious against Tau now that I think about it, though, so there'll definitely be a use for this power, but then the ugly head of random psychic powers rears up. Every time you play Tau, you'll probably get Dominion with no psykers to nerf, and when you play Eldar you'll get the Horror, which doesn't work on Wave Serpents.

Onslaught is just the poor man's Battle Focus, since you have to cast a power to use it. Nice, but not very meaningful when it's only one maybe one unit. So, yeah, it'll have its uses, but it's kind of underwhelming as far as psychic powers go.

Paradoxym isn't bad, but it used to be better, and with most people running small, cheap units it's kind of underwhelming.

Psychic Scream is just a strictly worse version of the Doom, so not terrible, but you're not likely to actually kill much stuff with it, and with no pods or transports you'll be lucky to ever really get into a position to actually use it. Situationally useful, but again, underwhelming.

Warp Blast would be good if it were Warp Charge 1. It's not. Though if you don't have Catalyst, and with no book powers, it's not like you'll have much else to spend Warp Charges on. Not that it makes it better, but I guess you'll have to take what you can get.

I take it no Eternal Warrior, like the rumored relic with special synapse?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    Well you can probably only have one like most artifacts. I think those of us who have posted said they like the bonesword. Best item on that list IMO.

I think they're all alright minus the biocannon one, though it's a bummer that there are no more, these are probably the coolest things in the book.

Also the ygmarl effect on a winged hive tyrant is going to be pretty awesome IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I'm not really too impressed so far. The psychic powers aren't bad, but only Catalyst is what I would call good.

Dominion is decent for blocking out enemy psykers and providing a bit larger fearless bubble, but the fearless bubble is more just to keep up with other army's Ld buffs than it is to surpass them, unless something has significantly changed elsewhere. Good, but not great.

Catalyst is great. No argument there.

The Horror might be good, if there's a decent Ld penalty, but it's still only going to work half the time, and armies like Eldar don't care if you try and Pin their Wave Serpents. It's hilarious against Tau now that I think about it, though, so there'll definitely be a use for this power, but then the ugly head of random psychic powers rears up. Every time you play Tau, you'll probably get Dominion with no psykers to nerf, and when you play Eldar you'll get the Horror, which doesn't work on Wave Serpents.

Onslaught is just the poor man's Battle Focus, since you have to cast a power to use it. Nice, but not very meaningful when it's only one maybe one unit. So, yeah, it'll have its uses, but it's kind of underwhelming as far as psychic powers go.

Paradoxym isn't bad, but it used to be better, and with most people running small, cheap units it's kind of underwhelming.

Psychic Scream is just a strictly worse version of the Doom, so not terrible, but you're not likely to actually kill much stuff with it, and with no pods or transports you'll be lucky to ever really get into a position to actually use it. Situationally useful, but again, underwhelming.

Warp Blast would be good if it were Warp Charge 1. It's not. Though if you don't have Catalyst, and with no book powers, it's not like you'll have much else to spend Warp Charges on. Not that it makes it better, but I guess you'll have to take what you can get.

I take it no Eternal Warrior, like the rumored relic with special synapse?
    Increasing Synapse does not increase Shadow sadly. Although Norn Crown+Dominion 24" Synapse which is pretty handy if mid game half your Synapse gets nuked.

I think if all of these are cheap they'll be awesome. If that Miasma Cannon is only 15pts I'll take it every game.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Darklink, I don't think shadow and dominion will stack, they are two separate mechanics, just because you increase synapse range, doesn't mean you increase shadow in the warp range
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

daboarder - "Subterranean Assault" wording is slightly updated but basically the same rule, that sucks and haven't come across any way to modify reserve rolls

"The Horror" is -2 to leadership

Big John - Swarmloard is still a beat stick, basically same points and mastery level 3. Old One Eye is now an HQ and cheaper but not to different by the looks.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

ok, so the horror might actually be useful 50% of the time then, with most people running vet less the average squad LD is 9 not 10.

Tunnel is ****ed and Nids now have CSM syndrome I guess....sigh

swarmy can be ML 6 for all I care with those powers.

edit: cheers for the info by the way mate.

Anything definite on Crushing claws? and the hive crone?

edit2: Oh and do synapse and shadow work together? will we be able to pull a darklink and neuter psykers up to 24" away?

edit 3: Do we still have the preferred enemy bubble on tyrants?
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-07-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

Would you mind pics of their profiles perhaps I'd love you forever.

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast