BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thanks Chalji. Sometimes you have to hammer it in pretty hard around here. It has been explained simply. It has been explained in layman's terms. And now the federal rules of procedure have been quoted.

Librarian

Can someone just explain to me why people want GW to lose? really please someone help me out? Most people who play enjoy the background the most, so now that background the look and feel of the army has been established at a large expense to GW, you want them to loose their rights to protect the 3D designs developed from all the hard work? which will just lead to them distancing themselves from the hobby side more because GW have now become a company that no matter what it does for the hobby everyone wwants it to fail and is never happy?.

Back on topic, I would expect GW to cross appeal, I think they were playing the waiting game, they now how more time so can spend more time preparing for the appeal.

Honestly? Seems 'MURICA!!! is the common reason.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I want GW to lose because of two reasons:

1) So companies can produce bitz to use with GW miniatures. The more the merrier.
    2) Some of GW claims are silly and they need someone to tell them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by weeble1000 View Post
    As I answered:
    thanks, missed it as assumed it was all a rant at mystery. But yeah that'd make sense if that was the last day.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

Buts some of CHS claims are even worse, and there's plenty of third party companies out there, the main issue was the names used not the designs themselves.

Can anyone remember when CHS use to advertise on this forum? I remember telling them to not use mymerea(whatever the Forgeworld craft world was) and malanti both names that had only ever existed because of GW for copyright and their response was 'nah they haven't copyrighted them so they don't own in so I'm not going to listen'

Chapter-Master

you mean like when they used something labelled cyclone missile launcher and when it was pointed out changed it about a day later?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    I want GW to lose because of two reasons:

1) So companies can produce bitz to use with GW miniatures. The more the merrier.
    2) Some of GW claims are silly and they need someone to tell them.
    1. There are quite a few bitz companies out there, many of whom make bitz compatible with 40K/WFB. Oddly, none of them got sued by GW like CHS, probably because they didn't call their product by a name created by GW.
    2. So when you come up with an idea, copyright that idea, and someone else comes along and starts selling a knock off of your idea, you won't complain? No? Then, let me know your ideas, 'cause I'd love to make a fast buck off you.

Yup.

Plus, a fair amount of CH's stuff looks bloody awful.

The jetbike that looks more like a jet Lambretta.

The lopsided jump packs which ripped off GW's original design.

Their Tervigon conversion kit.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

@phoenix01

1. There can´t be enough different bitz companies out there. And we don´t know about C&D letters any company might have received or not. A trial is a very costy thing to do and CHS would probably not excist anymore if they wouldn´t have received free legal counsulting and tried a trial.

2. If GW doesn´t want some one to produce something, they could produce it themselves, should be a lot cheaper than this lawsuit.
    There are whole side industries producing parts for products of other companies. Just take a look at coffee machines and cars.

@Mr. Mystery

The designquality is subjective, so no one can say it´s good or not.

I like and dislike a lot of GW´s and Chapterhouse´s products, as it´s the case with almost any other manufacturer.
    Last edited by MMM; 01-13-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast