BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: WD stopping?

Chapter-Master

That may be so, but selling it as more pages when its smaller is a bit off.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

They've always mentioned it as being A5 sized, but it's usually buried in the text whilst they shout about the increased page count. You're still getting about the same volume of magazine, but it's almost all photos with essentially no editorial content beyond captions.

Librarian

I thought visions was the only one that actually had more pages?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Herzlos View Post
    They've always mentioned it as being A5 sized, but it's usually buried in the text whilst they shout about the increased page count. You're still getting about the same volume of magazine, but it's almost all photos with essentially no editorial content beyond captions.
    Then it worked. But same overall for more?
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    I thought visions was the only one that actually had more pages?
    It does, it's got just short of double the page count. But the pages are also half the size.

The weekly is still ~A4 but only has 32 pages. Visions is about ~320 pages at A5.

Veteran-Sergeant

Sooo... it sounds to me like the same amount of paper, for half as much again, with lots of pretty pictures but little in the way of content.

Or you can still get White Dwarf, with less pages over 4 weekly issues than in one monthly issue, for nearly twice the price.
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

I was wondering the same thing. Another payment has gone out of my account yet I've heard nothing about what is happening. Pretty poor

Brother-Sergeant

Don't know if this posted anywhere else...

[URL="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4cqFbTa5qOI"]New Magazines Review[/URL]

Warhammer Visions looks like complete garbage. Yes, there are some amazing photos and I like to look at that sort of thing, but I don't need 200 (smaller) pages of the stuff every month. Maybe White Dwarf weekly will be worth buying sometimes, but I won't be trying to collect every issue...

Edit... Started a new thread with the link...
    Last edited by quindia; 01-30-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Now who was it said we should not judge it till we see the content? Eat thine words oh humbled one. For worth 7 quid it was not, by all accounts and yes I've seen pics and vids of it. Glad I didn't buy the thing.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Now who was it said we should not judge it till we see the content? Eat thine words oh humbled one. For worth 7 quid it was not, by all accounts and yes I've seen pics and vids of it. Glad I didn't buy the thing.
    Uhh, no. Not judging until we see the content is always correct. That it happens to be pretty crap after we have seen it doesn't change that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast