BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: WD stopping?

Chaplain

Probably obscured by the Visions cover.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    I'm sure that this has already been mentioned but there is no mention of The Hobbit / LOTR on the weekly magazine? Just WHFb and 40K.
    I think you are right. I noticed that as well from the first (top portion) teaser shot GW released.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    So much for GW treating everybody on equal terms (people from Australia know something about that *looks at price tags* )
    Yeah the gall of them charging extra for shipping when they have that teleporter machine....

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    People who only have a PC and don't have one of those other devices aren't the ideal audience for ebooks. Currently, if you are selling your books without a print version, you are cutting out a portion of your potential audience.

In fiction, this isn't normally an issue- you have a smaller audience and that's the end of it. But this is a case where some of the rules to the game that we play aren't available to some of the players (unless they change their habits pretty drastically).

I'm pretty sure that the day is coming when e-books are a medium for everyone, but acting like they are now is alienating a portion of their audience.
    The answer would be to sell the stuff in PDF as well so folks can print out the relevant pages for the game and bring them along.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Yeah the gall of them charging extra for shipping when they have that teleporter machine....
    I wasn't talking about them charging for shipping. That's a no brainer. I ment GW making the PayPal option available for other countries but not for mine. Also the limit on the new WD distribution (not available from newsagents). I've been buying WD for over 16 years, but now, unless they change something about the current situation, I won't be able to continue buying it (sadly we're not all blessed with having a s**tload of GW stores and independant stockists around every corner).

Veteran-Sergeant

Ok, this just popped up on my local GW store's FB page. I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but if this shows the size of the mags side by side...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1509656_616916765022887_1415347582_n.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	7044

... then I have a sneaking suspicion where the 'extra pages' have come from. I could of course be wrong and it could just be the way the image has been created.

Thoughts?
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Chapter-Master

Well they kept it quiet didn't they?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I really hope that isn't to scale.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Combined with a price rise, its looking worse and worse.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Lol, it's been sized so that it's easier to convert to a digital publication

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast