BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Something old, something new. Something gribbly, to eat you.

How do?

Bit of a place holder for now I'm afraid, but wanted to post before I forgot about the idea!

Simply put, this is a thread for the direct, informed discussion of how the new Tyranid Codex has affected people's existing armies.

Why the emphasis on informed? Because you'll need both books to be able to work out the new points cost of your force

General idea is not to so much give us a full breakdown of your list, but the gist of it (so whether you played Nidzilla etc), and the points saved/lost overall.

After that, how you feel you can adapt your army and playstyle to the new Codex, including where necessary what to spend spare points, and how you might cover a points deficit (haven't got the new book yet, so covering all bases )

So for anyone with both books already, you lucky sods, feel free to crack on and fill your boots!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 01-10-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

A good idea dude, I won't really be posting because I don't plan on getting the new 'Nids, too many other projects.
    I'll keep an eye to see if anyone is being a jerk though.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I haven't got a Nid army presently, but I do pick up every Codex.

I'm just interested to see how it's changed the wider picture.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I'd have loved to contribute, but all except three of my nids are still in box, or bare metal...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Long as you've written a list for them it's all hunky dorey.

Or even just total up what you've got, and post up from there.

I imagine, like every other army, you'll manage to free up an extra 200 points on your list.

Happened to my Dark Angels, Chaos Marines, Tau, and Space Marines.

Think this could be significantly more.......

I don't see why people are moaning then, that's more monsters...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Long as you've written a list for them it's all hunky dorey.

Or even just total up what you've got, and post up from there.
    Nah, I never got round to actually buying the codex, just bought what looked cool, like every other army I ever collected, hence 15 warriors, 3 zoanthropes, 6 carnifexs (three 2nd edition type screamer killers) I can't remember how many ravenors, two lots of older space hulk genestealers, and a broodlord (i think).

I think that sounds about right.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

(edited post to actually be relevant to the thread, sorry lol)

Typically I run mixed lists and I'll definitely have more points to play with.

Dual Brainleech Flyrants dropped by a good 30pts.

I like to run Hormagaunts and they got cheaper as well. I feel their upgrades are too expensive in the new book and would rather have more bodies. Toxin Sacs are 60% of the cost of another Hormagaunt so I'm gonna run big broods of cheap, FAST fodder.

I usually only brought one Tervigon in my lists and I see no need to change this. They got a lot more expensive and suffered some nerfs. You also need 30 Termagants to take one as Troop now so overall, Troop Tervigons have gotten massively more expensive.

Gonna run a big brood of Fexes too. They got nice and cheap. A Dual Devourer Carnifex is less points now, than a stock Fex from the old book.
    Last edited by Megad00mer; 01-10-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast