BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Scout

All sounds legit to me.
    I hate tournaments where I have to play against a whole Grey Tide army! Or models are primed black with white shoulder pads and red eyes! Specially Orks painted like that....

To many times have I had models that confuse me on to what they are.. "Now what is that again? You mean those are Plague Bearers?!? Why do they look like Zombies?!"

Its a GW event... its always been No proxies or can't use non-gw models. (no change there only issue is models not made by GW i.e. Dark Eldar Fighter jet or when Thunderwolves didn't exist) But hey I'll take that over the Brood Lord Coke can any day!!!

Finally the whole "Oh wait sorry that's really a plasma gun or X weapon not a flamer" good to see that go to.

If you play in tournaments these rules shouldn't be any thing new at all.

And it injects a lot of fun into the game. Gives some armies that have been stuck in the mud a little while a boost... Chaos Marines should be loving life finally now that they can use the Large Lord of War Daemons now! Space Wolves finally have access to some good Anti-Air and fliers. Imperial Guard really can "Crush their enemies under their tank treads" Dark Eldar finally have access to titan killer weapons.

Love what they are doing!!!

Hooray! The two things I hated most about Chaos Marines are fixed! I now access to drop pods (dredclaws) to make my helbrutes work.... and I can take decent Landraiders! I can even take a flyer that's not a heldrake, yay!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarshark View Post
    Hooray! The two things I hated most about Chaos Marines are fixed! I now access to drop pods (dredclaws) to make my helbrutes work.... and I can take decent Landraiders! I can even take a flyer that's not a heldrake, yay!
    God I didnt think of that - dreadclaws. Shame theres no model. Gotta make one now...

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Uhh thats a pretty low bar for entry honestly... except for maybe the ban on non GW bitz.
    The bits thing is the single annoying thing in there for me. I get the deal-with-it ban on non-GW models. But chasing unoficial bits is simply low.

Especially for things they don't make, like las-plas razorback turret.

Or purely cosmetic stuff like a tiny parrot glued to a character's shoulder.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Uhh thats a pretty low bar for entry honestly... except for maybe the ban on non GW bitz.
    The WYSIWYG rule could be an issue for a few weapon options that don't have a model. The Warp Spider Exarch with spinneret rifle or some of the stranger war gear options for a Haemoncolous come to mind.

Not a really big deal for the most part though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    The WYSIWYG rule could be an issue for a few weapon options that don't have a model. The Warp Spider Exarch with spinneret rifle or some of the stranger war gear options for a Haemoncolous come to mind.

Not a really big deal for the most part though.
    There aren't any model bits for a lot of the Chaos demon weapons either. I play in the Gw tourneys 2 or there times a year... Apart from the new bit about forge world, the Warriors code is just a refinement of the rules they have always had in place. The rules tend to be really strict on paper but a bit more flexible in person.

I have seen all sorts of crazy conversions, scratch builds, non GW bits and so forth, but providing they didn't take the piss and followed the rule of cool. Then the events staff were generally ok with it.

I myself used the chapterhouse wheeled conversion kit on my chimeras...I brought another chimeras in case the events staff didn't allow it, but the only comment I got from the events guys was how nice a model it was.

I have only once seen anyone asked to remove models, and he had an elder viper that had just been spray painted gold and had no crew or gunner!

Some forget that the GW tourneys are entertainment, people pay to play. So the events staff want it to be as enjoyable as possible. People will not come if they feel the rules are restrictive/unfair or that the staff are dicks. So really they will do everything they can to make sure you can play and enjoy.
    Last edited by Kevlarshark; 01-10-2014 at 04:47 PM.

::Calvin-and-Hobbes-style evil grin:: Y'all worry about Riptides??? Two words: Remora spam.

Right.
    Now to plan my assault on finishing absolute last in ToS later this year!
    At last.
    I wonder about the effect this will have on other tournie orgs.
    Onward and upward!

Quote Originally Posted by khaiell View Post
    The bits thing is the single annoying thing in there for me. I get the deal-with-it ban on non-GW models. But chasing unoficial bits is simply low.

Especially for things they don't make, like las-plas razorback turret.

Or purely cosmetic stuff like a tiny parrot glued to a character's shoulder.
    Your house your rules. My house my rules. GW's house GW's rules. And so on and so forth.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Thaldin View Post
    How do these same folks expect "experimental rules" to be changed if they don't play against them and give feedback. Ignore them and then they end up becoming "official rules".
    I don't have a problem playing against them, just not in an event where there are winners and losers. I would prefer at least a modicum of playtesting be done before allowing what amount to simple brainstorming in a competition. Otherwise it's no better than "L00k!!! I madez this waaaaay k00lz new unit that has like -you know- a bazillion bolters and a lazthingy. I can use it, right?"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast