BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default FW now legal in gw tournaments.

Forge World just put the following statement on [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ForgeWorldUK"]Facebook[/URL].

Warhammer World have just announced an update to their Warrior's Code which now allows the use of Forge World rules! You can download the pdf of the Warrior's Code in the link below.

The Warhammer World Events Team are pleased to announce an update to The Warrior's Code, the document used in conjunction with all of our events. We're excited to announce that there's a been a big change in the armies usable at events such as Throne of Skulls, Battle Brothers and more besides. With immediate effect, rules from Forge World, including the Imperial Armour army lists, one off models and the experimental rules are useable at our events, giving you all the more excuse to paint up those cool models in your collection. We've also introduced the use of Scrolls of Binding from Storm of Magic in Warhammer, letting you guys use those awesome big monsters everyone loves! Follow the link below to have a read for yourself. Cheers all The Warhammer World Events Team

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3720191a_Warriors_Code_2014_V1.4.pdf[/url]
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-10-2014 at 01:29 PM. Reason: formatting for ease of reading

Huzzah!

Now the whining can stop.

Or at least be replaced with a different whine.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I think this is really good.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Experimental rules? Including the Tau Riptide variant? Bwahahahaaaaa!!!!!

Yep I still pass on any game that includes an experimental riptide. gw ones are broken enough

Long time coming. Years. Now there are no excuses why Forge World is "not legal and official".

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Huzzah!

Now the whining can stop.

Or at least be replaced with a different whine.
    We need to ban this crap. Forgeworld is broken. Utterly op. Rabblerabblerabble.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Yep I still pass on any game that includes an experimental riptide. gw ones are broken enough
    Yep. Don't mind playing against the normal stuff, but experimental rules are just that. Not sure why they would include those since FW always does experimental rules before releasing a final version later, usually in one of their books.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    We need to ban this crap. Forgeworld is broken. Utterly op. Rabblerabblerabble.
    Exact opposite.
    There are plenty of codexes with improperly balanced rules. The solution is for everyone to have access to crazy.

This literally means that people can show up with whatever army they like. And that's a good thing.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Um... yeah. Go read that rules set. Their events - only at Warhammer World, mind you - allow any model GW makes to be used, including Storm of Magic stuff in Warhammer.

But hey, you want to use their rules as a base for all tournaments? Okay, I'm game.

Do you have models that aren't fully painted? You can't use them.
    Do you have conversions that might cause any kind of confusion? You can't use them.
    Do you have a model that has bits from non-GW manufacturers? You can't use them.
    Do you have proxies? You can't use them.
    Are any of your models not entirely WYSIWYG, with the only exceptions being things like grenades and pistols? Well, toss out those models, too.

So congrats! You're able to use any GW-manufactured models and rules, including the completely experimental "We don't care if it's balanced" rules! You're also now kicking out a very large number of players from playing in tournaments.

Total win there, right?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast