BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Necrons + Orks?

Default Necrons + Orks?

I have 2K worth of Crons that I create various lists from. I generally play either 1850 - 2000 range and lately I have been leaving ~ 300-400 points open to take allies. The meta in the particular GW store I play in in MD doesn't do a ton of allies, so I am trying to mix it up a bit. So I now I have been taking the pretty generic CSM (1 sorc/10 cultists/1 heldrake). I have been looking @ creating some 300-400 points of allies in Tau, Orks and Grey Knights.

I am interested what you run for your Ork allies. So far I have bought 1 battle wagon, will probably be picking up the rolla for it, and I have 10 boys.

My standard list of crons is (1 destro lord (MSS/warscy/SW), 12 wraiths, 3 scythes with 5-10 wars per, 2 anni barges, 6-9 scarabs, 3 spyders).

Thoughts?
    Army - W/L/T
    CSM - 2/3/0, Necrons - 2/2/1, Tau - 0/0/0

Brother-Captain

So un-fluffy I can't even think straight. That said, go with something that makes the Orks strong: massive cc-oriented blob squads of boyz. Or maybe even some flashgitz.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I'd go Warboss, 4/5 Meganobz, Battlewagon as the warboss makes mega nobz troops and 14 armour battlewagon is nice to take fire power on that my 2 cent.